Lesson descriptions would benefit from a Date posted

Some lesson descriptions mention “expect more in the coming weeks” or similar ideas, but without knowing when the lesson was posted, we really have no idea if it’s something we can actually expect, or if it was an idea Justin had at the time but hasn’t been able to address for months or years due to other obligations.

Now, I suppose for many or maybe all lessons, there is a Discussion tab where we can get a general idea if there is a first post, but if not, it seems there’s no way to know.

Perhaps we could get a date posted on the lessons themselves, or is there another place to find that information? Thanks!

2 Likes

The best I can suggest is to view the video on YouTube and look at the posting date.

If you hover the mouse over where it says 3 years ago you will get the exact date. This one was posted on 23 May 2020.

3 Likes

Good call, yeah, that should be pretty close to the right date, at least close enough for my purposes. Still, would be nice and probably simple to include the date posted in each lesson, assuming there isn’t some reason to exclude it.

1 Like

@coolAlias @oztelemann
I think I have been round this loop before, it would better if this was on the web site lesson not just by integrating YouTube.
Michael

Is it really that important as long as your learning along the way? I don’t see how that would be that important in the first place.

Darren @Dman74
Actually I think it would be helpful, let me explain why.
I am on Grade 3 but I often look back on some lessons on Grades 1 & 2 as refresher. It would be helpful to see if certain lessons have been updated as they might contain a hidden gem. I know there is scrolling list of new or updated items but if they happened a while ago they are not really visible.
Just my view.
Michael

1 Like

Aside from knowing if a lesson has been updated (which would be the “Last Updated” date rather than “Date Created”, and probably enough for both purposes), another example of why it would be helpful is the Grade 4 Rhythm Maestro course, which has this bit at the bottom:

I expect to release new lessons every two weeks. There are five lessons in Grade 4…

There are currently only 3 lessons in that course. Will new material really be posted every 2 weeks? I suspect not, and I’m fine with that, but I wouldn’t have to wonder at all if there was a Date on the lesson itself.

1 Like

To each their own. All the updated stuff is in the main course. All the old i"intermediate" stuff is located here. It says intermediate but the one minute changes and all that are in here.(old structure)https://www.justinguitar.com/classes/intermediate-foundation-classicYou will see that there is a warning letting you know there is a new course for this for the lesson in the description. So click on say e shape barr chords on the intermediate foundations 1 and after that you will see a warning that there is a newer version.

The JG team is pretty much on top of it. Some may be out, some may not yet. Alot on the board and alot coming out soon enough.

There are probably other archived but I found that one good. I have watched both versions. The later versions being better.

I would think this would be helpful for @coolAlias as well Hope this will be useful for your purposes.

Rock on!

1 Like

Darren @Dman74

I take your point but you referring to the old classic course, which is there on the web site but not obvious.

Can’t recall what the lesson was but it was on a Grade(s) ahead of where I was and I had viewed it a while ago and went back to look at it again and there was changes.

Still think a “last updated ???” Would be helpful.

When I was working it was quite the norm to have this applied to office standard documents, for obvious reasons.

Michael

I would say put out a suggestion in to the JG team. They may use it to revamp. It wouldn’t be the first time a suggestion was used. Talk to @larynejg , I believe she would be the one to talk to. If not she can certainly send ya in the right direction. And because I tagged her. She will see this anyways, more than likely.

Dman, a.k.a. Darren

2 Likes

Darren @Dman74

Thanks let’s see if it goes anywhere.
Some might find the date information helpful others not.
Michael

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! This is in our Development Board now! Cheers

3 Likes