Let The Day End

Strange one this. I started off with a completely different intention of writing something about letting things/people go gracefully but it morphed into a different direction which I let it go itself. I’m not sure I’m happy I did that but nonetheless, this is what came out. Just written and recorded this morning so there’s a lot I’m not happy with but just throwing it up anyway.

10 Likes

You continue to impress :clap: what I love is when your music and lyrics combine, they paint pictures in my head of the story you’re telling. Really wonderful stuff :v:

1 Like

Another belter Dom. You sure do have some amazing songwriting and playing skills. Love checking out everything you put out there. Simply brilliant!!!

1 Like

Very impressive Dom, no idea what you might not be happy with but do understand we are all never happy with our performances!! I’d be chuffed to bits with that.
I presume that’s you on the harmonica as well?
Bravo, that’s a releasable song imo :slight_smile: :clap:

1 Like

Fabulous Dom. A fine production in all respects, guitar and harmonica sound brilliant and I enjoy your singing very much.

All I might offer by way of feedback is to consider some more variation in the guitar between verse and chorus.

And I’m blown away that you wrote and recorded this in a day. It takes me months and months to produce an original.

Look forward to your next.

Now time for a second spin.

1 Like

Sounded great to me, can’t find anything to be unhappy about.

1 Like

Cracking song Dom. Odd how we are so self-critical of our work, as I’m not sure what there isn’t to like about this piece.

1 Like

More like Dom Perignon! :champagne::sunglasses:
There’s a fine bit of singer-songwriter craftsmanship right there.
I imagine something like this might result if Lloyd Cole collaborated with Dylan.
Cracking job :smiley:

1 Like

It’s really good. Our thinking and certain ideas often come in the way. - It’s like a draft when do like you have done here. It might change, but it might not. :joy:

It’s really good as is. Very easy going. There have to be a song like this on your album, no choice :wink: :joy: :sunglasses: :pray:

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments and feedback. I’m trying to incorporate the feedback into future recordings and it’s really helping. Baby steps so to speak. I’m not really looking for perfection. I’ve seen so many of our idols doing 20 takes off songs. Some of their stuff that’s been consigned to the bin has been better.

For me it’s just a matter of what I’m feeling at that moment unless I make a total bags of something.

1 Like