Let x = y

We certainly do share a lot of similar values, and I also know there are a few differences too :wink:

Wow, I was reading those lyrics as the trans angle. That is quite a different intended meaning than how it comes across.

Certainly in art it’s hard to avoid offending people, and IMHO, it shouldn’t be avoided, as music is a way to make a statement or ask a question, whatever that is. I don’t a problem at all with swear words although I know some people do. And I agree we don’t want this place having religious, political or otherwise flame wars. No good can come of that.

5 Likes

Ta for the tag, listen, read and comments, David :smiley:
Much the same thoughts on art, with the addition of it being a bonus if it moves you,

Haha, I have to do this Every. Single. Time. :roll_eyes:
My millennial kids keep their dinosaur dad on his toes :rofl:

1 Like

Life would be so boring without the differences :wink:

and gave me lots of food for thought too :rofl:

1 Like

Wow at the different interpretations!

My favorite line was “My Y is not as macho as your X. “

Good job again!

2 Likes

Hi Brian,

That certainly is an original and gives one a lot to think about, great job. It would fit right in to Rocky Horror Picture Show…but I know the song itself is more serious than RHPS.

Great stuff.

1 Like

@pkboo3 Always a pleasure to hear from you, Pam :smiley:
Thanks for the listen and positive comments
You’re a :star:

@Knee_Wobbler Cheers mate. Much appreciated :smiley:
Haha, is the RHPS remark a not-so-subtle tease on my infamous ‘outing’ at Justin’s last Livestream event? :rofl:

Hi Brian, I did see the livestream, but I didn’t register that you and he were one and the same…. at least not consciously. It just goes to show that RHPS is in your blood and psyche! Regards.

1 Like

Haha, there’s a little Frankenfurter in all of us :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hehehe… i did not get the meaning of this at all Brian :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I went down the «transgender» path right away…
But, that is what its all about, in art we see what we see… i like things that can be seen from different angles, and the meaning is up to your self.

1 Like

I heard “My wife is not as macho as your ex” and thought it made sense within that context.

4 Likes

That was excellent Brian and I like how people have listened to the song and interpreted it in different ways and I guess that is the key to a good song and humankind as well. I, like others thought transgender stuff until you told us different.
Great work Mr L. :clap: and like you told me, inspiration can come from anywhere.

1 Like

Not just in art, min ven :wink: We all see the world through our own tinted lenses.
When it come to meanings, I’m with the Egg-man:

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’ (Lewis Carroll)

Haha, I was tempted to change the lyrics in the last chorus to precisely that, but thought that might be a pun too far, or ‘over-humping the pudding’ as the Egg-man might say. Sigh. I’ll get my coat :roll_eyes:

Typing at the same time, Stefan :wink:
Cheers for the listen and comment.
Yes indeed. and see ^^^ for the rest :laughing:

1 Like

How very, American pie. :smiley:

2 Likes

Larsen lets loose another lyrical leviathan.

In the minor key! :slight_smile:

That makes me think of the song All My Ex’s Live In Texas, recorded by, (ironically in the context of the wider almost-discussion in this topic) George Strait (not Straight haha). :wink:

1 Like

I see what you did there :face_with_monocle: :laughing:

Couldn’t place the name and was shocked he’s got the record # 1s in Country :open_mouth:

Just stumbled on this post Brian. Ever the thought provoking entertainer. Clever stuff, well played and sung and the lyrics have certainly provoked some discussion.
Analysing song lyrics can be a dangerous game and can lead to many wrong conclusions as is witnessed here.
Much safer tI stick with “ I love her, she loves me, oh how happy we will be”. :smiley:

I recently had to do the same to be clear on the distinction between a shag and a cormorant.

3 Likes

Never got a Cormorant on a Saturday night !
:rofl:

6 Likes

What about an albatross, with or without wafers?

3 Likes

A typical Brian song again :wink:, stirring lyrics, meandering away from the well-trodden paths, creativ and pleasing.
I couldn’t restist, after all that sex/gender talk, to ask Mr. Google. Happy to see, that obviously I’m keeping with the times…
As soon as lyrics start to leave familiar athmospheres, we tend to over interpretation too often. I do remember those times in school, when texts were dissected for hours to come to conclusions the author never meant :slightly_smiling_face:. So I take it as it is, just leave some flowers to thank you for some alternativ music :wilted_flower: :hibiscus: :tulip:.

3 Likes