Linkin Park for June

Hi everyone. I’m sure this is not what you expected to hear from the song crawling. I tried it a couple years ago and couldn’t get it right. I decided to pull it out of the memory bank since I could connect with it lately. Not much new music lately. I’ve been busy practicing strumming, strumming, and more strumming to get better at the basics.

Happy Monday

Jeff

6 Likes

I decided to share this one as well. It’s called Burn it Down. I played this one as a duet at the beach with my daughter recently. So here goes. I think I need to lighten the strums on the baby Taylor. But it was handy so I played it .

6 Likes

Hi Jeff,
Enjoyed watching/listening to both your posts. Your strumming is definitely improving. My main observation was that particularly in the first video you appeared to be holding a lot of tension in your body, but I feel that this will settle down as the strumming becomes more of a subconscious thing. I have struggled with strumming for ages, and I would say that only after 3 years have I now got used to using a pick and started to improve a little. Good to see your progress and thanks for sharing :clap: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It sounds OK but watching you play I agree with Tim, you look quite tense while you’re playing and I think I know why. You’re playing standing up and I don’t see a strap supporting your guitar, so you’re playing while supporting the guitar, that’s not good - you should be able to let go of the guitar and it should be supported. I think that this would probably improve your playing.

Hi Jeff,

good to see you up here :ok_hand: I enjoyed both of these and I think your work on strumming is paying dividends, I can see the difference in both of these songs, well done mate, :clap:. And I would add that you also, at times pick songs that could be challenging either rhythmically or lyrically so well done on getting these out.

Keep it up mate. :+1:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. What you said about using a pick had me thinking about that I need to start using a pick again. I spent a lot of time perfecting hand strumming and often the sound is quiet compared to using a pick, especially when I play in front of a group. That was the same comment last Saturday at the beach. Someone mentioned I should play louder.

I think I will spend some time going back to strumming with a pick and play electric guitar again with something that rocks harder.

Have a great day.

Jeff

Hi Darrell,

Thanks for reviewing the song. Yeah I thought about the strap too and should have taken the time to put it back on I was playing my daughter’s guitar spontaneously and could have easily played my full size Martin lol. I wasn’t really tense or nervous but I guess two people said it so I looked like it.

I try to hold myself accountable to post a video now and then once I feel I’ve mastered a song so I don’t get off track. Thanks again for the feedback.

Have a good day

Jeff

1 Like

Hi Craig,

I’m glad you liked the music and appreciate you listening. I’ve spent most of the year so far just trying to get my strumming in a good place thanks to Justin’s SOS strumming course. Still more work to do but better than I was.

I don’t think there was much interest in the songs as I didn’t hear much from the community. I have a 12 year old daughter who is also learning guitar and she often chooses Linkin Park songs to learn . We played a rather good duet of the second song at our local beach recently and got some comments from onlookers. Her singing voice is much better than mine. What I would give to have started this journey at age 11 or 12 instead of now as an old man lol. Have a great day.

Jeff

1 Like

Doing good Jeff! I love acoustic renditions of rocking songs. I have a real soft spot for the intimacy of the acoustic over a full band. Keep it up man!

Hi Ed,

Thanks for stopping by to listen. I’m hoping to eventually due a solo act at local restaurants playing acoustic. There’s a guy here named Travis who plays is own gigs in New York that really inspired me to try it and he has about the same level of experience. @Traveler is amazing . It is a pleasure to meet you. I’ve been through Oklahoma many times over the years and I always thought it was a nice place with good people. I live in San Diego and I’ve been doing this with Justin Guitar about 3 years now. I hope you’re enjoying the journey of guitar. Have a great weekend.

Jeff

1 Like

I think your strumming practice is totally paying off - even some dynamics being inserted, particularly in the second song. Great progress!

1 Like

Hi Phil:

Thanks a lot for listening and commenting. I appreciate the feedback mate.

Nice meet you as well. I was out to Sunset Beach year before last. Nice weather out there. I got started with Justin about two years ago. I practiced for maybe a month or so before life took over. I piddled a little off and on but never much. I only just got back in it a little over a month ago. Things are starting to click now though and I’m really enjoying it. Have a great weekend yourself!

Hi Jeff, you improved a lot! Your strumming is much more consistent than before. Well done on both songs. :slight_smile: