L'italiano - Ukulele

You’ll have to wear the mandatory Aran jumper of course. :smiley:

1 Like

Bravissima!!! That was lovely, and your smiles are so contagious! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

We are going to spend the holidays at Lake Garda, which is almost a second homeland for us. I must have been a southerner in a former life :joy:. An Italian family lives in the house next to us, sometimes, I close my eyes, when I hear them talking and dream myself away!
I send you my musical greetings, another cliché song of the wonderful Adriano Celentano: https://youtu.be/iMxOluEwfVw?si=ISqiadwFqLufqcR5,
maybe it’s one for the Uke too?
Oh, we should open an Italian song thread!!! :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

2 Likes

I second that! Always loved Italian music and Italy itself (even the Squadra Azzurra which caused me lots of trouble in the summer of 2006 :face_in_clouds:).

2 Likes

Ciao Lieven …spero che la mia risposta in italiano sia cosa gradita :smiley:

Però…“Buongiorno Italia, gli spaghetti al dente” non è uno stereotipo ma una priorità quotidiana o quasi :joy::joy:

Ho provato a mettere il capotasto che uso per la chitarra acustica sul secondo tasto dell’ukulele e sicuramente con la voce faccio meno fatica, ma il capotasto rende difficoltoso l’accordo di MI7, forse perché è troppo grosso? Comunque…ora comprerò un capotasto per Ukulele, sperando non sia così ingombrante.

Me too!.. :woman_facepalming: volevo dire…anch’io!

1990 Worldcup :star_struck: Notti magiche :wink: Te la ricordi?

1 Like

It is really sweet! Both the song and you playing it for your grandson!! :blush:

I’m really honoured to read this David, thank you :blush: Loving the music first of all, anything else is secondary matter.

1 Like

:it: Ho scoperto l’Italia quell’anno.
perso il mio cuore per sempre!
la passione, il dramma,… … :cupid:

had to look up the verbs as I haven’t learned past tense yet :smiley:

1 Like

Grazie mille :hugs::blush::smiley: Anche tu from Italy?

Andrea thank you for the link! I didn’t know this live performance. I think the muting effect is very peculiar to this song and I had thought of learning it on guitar as soon as I’ll get at the muting technique.

You girls feel free to start it…I promise I will post only one link per day :joy:

What happened? If I can ask…

1 Like

In summer of 2006, Germany hosted the football/soccer world cup, which Italy finally won. In semi-finals Germany and Italy met and I was literally the only person who was crossing fingers for the Azzurri among all Germans hoping their team would make it… Well, they didn’t and all those angry faces staring at me, because I was happy. :sweat_smile: Even though it was great for me, I’d rather disappeared in that very moment. :rofl:

1 Like

Beautiful Song, beautiful language. So I just Googled Italian language compared to French language. Just the little I read says they are similar with some differences. Whatever the case, I love the sound/accents/romanticism of these languages. Well done, Silvia.

1 Like

Sii :blush:

1 Like

As a Belgian, I went to support the Azzurri in my Italia shirt … to see them win with 2-0 against Belgium :smiley:
I high fived the other lonely Italian-flag-sporting person there :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Lisa_S @LievenDV it’s a bit strange though, not supporting your own countries…last night we’ve been watching the Olympic games and naturally I I would support italians…but that’s fine…sport is not for barrier and you’re very welcome on this side :blush:

1 Like

it’s only the national soccer team though. And if they don’t face each other, I support Belgium too of course! :smiley:

They face again in November in Brussels (Nations League) but I can’t go :confused:

1 Like

My situation is quite similar to Lieven’s, as it is only for the football team. Don’t know why, but I just always liked the Squadra Azzurra most. :slight_smile:
For most of competitive events, I tend to say: May the better one/team win, with fingers crossed for Germany. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Silvia :slight_smile: great song and great live performance!! I really enjoyed it!

Mike

1 Like

Thank you Mike :blush:

1 Like

This is so good! I wish all my performances were like this
Superb!

1 Like