Live in Concert - Peter Ratzenbeck

After seeing Joe Satriani live in concert last April, I now had the chance to see another extraordinary guitar player live. In this case it even was an Austrian guitar player - probably the best we have :blush:.
Those of you, who primarily play fingerstyle, might know him. His name is Peter Ratzenbeck. He’s an autoditact and started playing guitar when he was 15yrs old.

The concert was a very small event (about 150 people in the audience), and took place at the rose garden of a little ruine of a former castle (very close to where a live :smiley:). It had a wonderful atmosphere :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Ratzenbeck plays covers and originals with an incredible perfection and passion…watching him was jaw dropping :astonished::star_struck:.

His very first original is titled ‘Odyssee’. You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/MWlIx2YqVeo

Unfortunately, the link is only audio, but this artist is absolutely worth watching him play. As there is no official video of him available on YT, I don’t post a link. But you’ll easily find inofficial videos, if you like to :wink:.

Edit: oh, and the most exciting thing is, he will be giving a fingerpicking workshop in November, and I’ve already signed up for it :star_struck:.

4 Likes

Great stuff, Nicole!! :star_struck:

What a beautiful location. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Looks adorable and I often like those smaller settings. It brings audience and artist quite close together. :smiley:

Thanks for the link. I’ver never heard of Peter before, but maaaan: :open_mouth: :exploding_head: :star_struck: This is sounding amazing. I’m happy for you that you’ll get the opportunity to learn from him. This must be so exciting! :smiley:

1 Like

I got the information (about the concert and the workshop) just by accident. And yes Lisa, absolutely exciting :star_struck:.

1 Like

That was kind of a happy accident then. Sometimes it’s these things in life that bring it all together. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
What an absurdly beautiful… becoming jealous :roll_eyes:… enchanting setting :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Greetings,

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
What a lovely setting for an intimate concert.
Loved your Suzanne Vega performance at the OM.
Best wishes,
Alan

1 Like

Didn’t mean to make you jealous, @roger_holland. But you’re right, it was a wonderful location for a wonderful event :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Thank you, @Alan_1970 :hugs:.

1 Like