LizW - February 2022 - Tears For Fears, 4 Non-Blondes

If not as a ‘performer’ then please do join as an audience member. You can enjoy music played by fellow students from across the globe, get to see and (virtually) meet some of the community folk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, I will if I can :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t beat yourself up too much. Adding a little bit of syncopation and some altered strumming can break up the monotony and droning (on-and-on) of playing and listening to solo rhythm guitar – no matter how precise. That’s part of the dynamics that I spoke of previously. Throw a pause in, no one is there to wrap you on the knuckles. :boom:

In that light, when I listen to solo rhythm guitar, no matter how perfect and no matter how much reverb, etc, without some sort of dynamic change within the first minute, I have to bail. Adding some picked notes (triads, arpeggios, bass runs, fills, walkups, walkdowns, etc) is the next step. Play on playa! :guitar:

2 Likes

Excellent! I really enjoyed your version!

1 Like

That was very nicely done Liz and congratulations on your first recording posting.

Strumming, singing and chords changes were all very good.

Keep them coming.

1 Like

So here’s a bit of What’s Up. Ziggy decided to get in on the act I’m afraid :woman_facepalming:t3:. Desperately trying to keep my strumming hand going but think it needs a longer attention span :joy:. Hope you like :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Hey, Liz. I thought you did a good job, both with the strumming and the singing. Hope to see more.

1 Like

I’d say that’s a pretty good rendition, Liz. Nice. Going to have to remind myself of the original now. Who was it? :thinking:

1 Like

Liz
The strumming hand and the overall performance get thumbs up.
Great jib.

1 Like

4 Non-Blondes

1 Like

Wow, what a stonking performance!
Ziggy in the background didn’t want to get left out :joy: :sunglasses:
You’re making great progress and at an amazing rate, keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working very well!

1 Like

Superb Liz, and using Justin’s recommended strumming pattern and all :smiley:
You’re flying like Ziggy!
(My evil side wanted to photoshop a giant slug replacing your guitar (It’s a meme thing), but I restrained myself :wink:)

2 Likes

4 Non Blondes did it, not a patch on mine though :wink::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I know, the correct strumming pattern, it does sound right though as I do know the original quite well.
I appreciate the restraint re the slug :scream:

1 Like

Great job Liz, I enjoyed that.

1 Like

Another rocking rendition, Liz. You are doing great. Keep doing what you’re doing!

1 Like

I wouldn’t dream of suggesting otherwise, but it wouldn’t have worked without Ziggy!

1 Like

No worries on little Ziggy. A few of us on here have our little Mascots. Some even animated or in figurine form😉

I’m so impressed in your learning and LOVE your strong vocals. Beautiful. You are already an entertainer and performer. :heart:

2 Likes

Aww thanks :blush:

How great to have a backing singer.

Very enjoyable Liz as this isn’t an easy one to do but again nice strumming, singing and chord changes.

1 Like