LizW - February 2022 - Tears For Fears, 4 Non-Blondes

Sweet!! I love your take on it in your own way! Very cool indeed!

1 Like

Great debut Liz and powerful performance. Loved the strumming and powerful vocal… see it’s easy :grinning::joy:

1 Like

Excellent Liz, that’s some set of lungs you have on you, I really enjoyed the second part when you threw your heart and soul into the vocals. Very clean chords too and lovely embellishments.

1 Like

Nice! Very folksy rendition with incredible dynamics – you put a remarkable stamp on a song that frankly/normally can be a real downer. You pumped a lot of juice and life into it. You really nailed the landing by raising your voice toward the end. The song does fit the times and seems very much in the moment and topical. Well done!

2 Likes

Yep well said CT i most def agree!

2 Likes

Yes, my strumming hand stops doesn’t it. I know that’s something I need to work on. I often do it when I forget the words :joy:. Apologies for the delay, wasn’t allowed to reply for 24 hours, I was too chatty on my first day in the community :rofl:
Thanks Richard

2 Likes

Thanks Rogier!

Thanks, very kind comments :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, I do quite a bit of choral singing :smiley:

Ha, not easy! :rofl::rofl:

Thanks David.
It’s really scary submitting your first video. I did know I’d messed up the strumming a bit but thought if I didn’t just submit it I’d never do it! Just got to keep moving, seems so simple doesn’t it :wink::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Oh yes Ziggy is upside down, I don’t know why, he isn’t in the actual photo must be an iPad thing :woman_facepalming:

Not sure I could cope with even a virtual open Mike yet, but maybe at some point that might happen :smiley::+1:t2:

Been playing a few months but I am a piano teacher and I can practice a couple of hours a day, all helps with learning fast :+1:t2:

1 Like

If not as a ‘performer’ then please do join as an audience member. You can enjoy music played by fellow students from across the globe, get to see and (virtually) meet some of the community folk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, I will if I can :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t beat yourself up too much. Adding a little bit of syncopation and some altered strumming can break up the monotony and droning (on-and-on) of playing and listening to solo rhythm guitar – no matter how precise. That’s part of the dynamics that I spoke of previously. Throw a pause in, no one is there to wrap you on the knuckles. :boom:

In that light, when I listen to solo rhythm guitar, no matter how perfect and no matter how much reverb, etc, without some sort of dynamic change within the first minute, I have to bail. Adding some picked notes (triads, arpeggios, bass runs, fills, walkups, walkdowns, etc) is the next step. Play on playa! :guitar:

2 Likes

Excellent! I really enjoyed your version!

1 Like

That was very nicely done Liz and congratulations on your first recording posting.

Strumming, singing and chords changes were all very good.

Keep them coming.

1 Like

So here’s a bit of What’s Up. Ziggy decided to get in on the act I’m afraid :woman_facepalming:t3:. Desperately trying to keep my strumming hand going but think it needs a longer attention span :joy:. Hope you like :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Hey, Liz. I thought you did a good job, both with the strumming and the singing. Hope to see more.

1 Like