LizW - November 2022 - Suzanne Vega (Marlene on the Wall x2)

I listened to your solo part too on the other post. Well done, this is a great project. Well played and sung on this one.

1 Like

or this ?

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nicely done Liz.
I definitely remember the song - Suzanne Vega released some fine records.

My one suggestion for this and all songs is to develop a constant motion in your strumming arm. Down Up Down Up Down Up keep it moving Down Up Down Up etc.
When a song like this has a choppy stop / start strumming you want to aim to keep the swinging of your arm as a measure for the beat even though your pick is not striking the strings, merely passing across the top.
I hope that helps.
:slight_smile: RIchard

1 Like

Hi Liz,

Quality vocal.
Not heard this song in ages - thought you pulled it off well.

Digger

1 Like

That was super sweet Liz. Great song and loving your stripped back version of it. Playing and vocals were great.

1 Like

That was great Liz I remember this song well. Suzanne Vega is still touring she played Scotland in July this year I didn’t make the gig but my daughter did and said she was fab! I really enjoyed this :grinning:

1 Like

Aw thanks, yes I saw she did a tour this year :slightly_smiling_face:

Nicely done, Liz. I’m not familiar with the song or the artist, but well played and sang. I always enjoy your performances.

1 Like

Aw Liz, I’m a bit disappointed-
not a cockatoo in sight, nor squealie to be heard :slightly_frowning_face:

I liked the SV original of this and you do a good cover.
Cracking job as usual on the the vocal front and the guitar playing sounds good too.

My one suggestion would be to try strumming differently on this.
If I keep my arm moving contantly, I find the natural pattern is
down (up), (down) up, (down) up, down up

When do we get to hear Lithium? :smiley:

1 Like

Ha, I just needed any sort of pattern I could sing over, it’s not an easy one that one :joy:

You want to hear Lithium? Maybe I’ll do a bit, but I’ll have to learn the words. I didn’t sing lithium for my teacher either and he was disappointed :rofl:

1 Like