Lonely No More - Thomas, Rob a cover

Thx to Justin I can attempt this … 5+ chords to play, but sometimes too many words to sing within the bars. Struggling with timing… Any comments are good! Yes, a fan was blowing for cool at the start and end. Yes, that’s a beer in the foreground - I had to loosen up. At 63, i get to drink a beer once in a while_R. btw, I’m self taught, kind of, because I’ve been also leaning on Justin for years over the internet; Justin deserves; he’s a giving soul.

12 Likes

Sounds really good, Robert. So much variation and dynamics in your playing and a lovely tone on the guitar. A really engaging performance.

2 Likes

Thx DavidP! On a one and first take I feel a lot of pressure. But it seems always more dynamic than if I try a second. Anything you could suggest to help me rember where I am when playing or even keeping time. I saw a vid once were a guy said don’t 1&ae2&ae3&ae4&ae but say “walk a chicken” 4x in a row. What do you think?

Hi Robert,
:sunglasses: :clap: :man_bowing:
What David say`s I echo and echo :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Robert,
That sounded great, really enjoyed listening. Love the strumming dynamics and the your voice charged the song with emotion. I prefer your version to the ‘popier’ original.
Not sure I can help with timing but I didn’t detect any issues. If drank a beer as big as the one that appears in shot I would have trouble remembering the song I was singing never mind where I was in it.
Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes,
Alan

1 Like

Robert! Your voice is overflowing with emotion to the point I felt shivers, I kid you not! And your playing is so flawless. In fact, I would rate your cover as one of the best I have ever heard!

1 Like

That was excellent Robert. Great dynamics in both the guitar play and the vocal. I thought your rhythm and timing was really good. If walking a chicken does it for you then keep those chicks walking!

It’s 1e&a2e&a3e&a4e&a btw. :grinning:

1 Like

Great stuff, Robert. I couldn’t agree more to the others: Great dynamics in it, both for playing and singing. :+1: :clap:

Regards timing, I tried very hard, but did not detect any flaws, but also am not too familiar with the song. To me, your rhythm and timing seemed to be in place. But I kind of relate, especially for 16th note strumming, I tend to overthink and then get lost. If I don’t think at all, it’s working fine. :rofl:
May be I try the chicken thing myself. :smiley:

Very nice performance all in all - I enjoyed the listen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was super Robert. As others have said the dynamics in your playing really made the performance. You have a great voice for this song! Great overall performance! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yep a 6.8 or maybe a 7.0. I was feeling it. Thx Alan!

JS, you’re very kind. I play to the walls,so your take feels good! Cheers!

1 Like

To all - Thx for the applause! I felt a little blue and like playing a song; put it down…It’s hot here, so alway looking for relief! You guys gave me some nice feelings and I really appreciate you being there! Great comments and support!!! Forget your chicken - eat that, walk your dog! _R

There it is…my timing flaw! Shoot. Not sure I can make the adjustment to the "1e… " this late.

Don’t you just love music?!? Thanks for responding to my vid, sairfingers!

I loved it Robert. Great playing and singing. Great dynamics in the song and vocally you remind me of Tom Odell. :clap:

1 Like

I really love Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20 songs and that’s another cracker. You’ve done a beautiful version with beautiful emotive vocals and great dynamics on both voice and guitar. When I start learning this song I’ll be checking yours out again and hoping I can work towards doing such a great job as you have done (eventually)!

1 Like

I use my cell phone to record, so wysiwyg. Not perfect, but what i did then. Thx thegoog, I do appreciate your comments!! …most hard was fittin’ in all those words. Let me know when you upload song!!! _R

Hello Robert, your performance was just sooo good, I enjoyed it throughly! I loved all the dynamics in the playing and the singing was full of feeling…superb! Bravo! Thanks for sharing it! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you Silvia. Your comments boost my confidence! _R

I really enjoyed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow what a great cover Robert. Your playing and vocals fit so well together, and the overall performance felt like it was done with a lot of emotion. Not sure if that was the case, but that’s the way I saw it. Either way it was very good :clap:

1 Like