Looking for guitar community in Gent, Belgium

Hello!

I am Reli! I just moved in Gent 3 weeks ago.
I am looking for a guitar community to be able to learn more about guitar. I have no friends yet in Belgium and I am also looking for an activity that will keep me busy. I am a beginner, but I really want to level up my acoustic guitar journey.

I hope someone could help me connect to the guitar community…

Have a nice day!!! xx

4 Likes

Hello Gerrylene,
Welcome, and you can at least stop looking…I can say with 100% certainty that there is no better that is so big and helpful and neat as this one…
I wish you a lot of fun and hope to hear a lot from you during your guitar trip,
Greetings, Rogier

1 Like

Hi Reli

Going by your profile you have the right ambition and attitude. You have probably not only landed on the best guitar learning material out there but most likely the most supportive community to help you on your journey. Sadly can’t help you with your search for a jam buddy as I am in north west France but hope you find someone to play with in the near future.

Any questions, any time, just ask.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Gerrylene, we have learners from all over the world here and all ages so you couldn’t have arrived anywhere better really.
There’s always someone who can help, give advice and encouragement with any problems or questions you may have; settle in and enjoy your path learning to play guitar and have fun :+1:

1 Like

Hello Reli and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Plenty of people here to connect with. Some fantastically knowledgeable people and then there is the rest of us. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Gerrylene. YOU can achieve a lot of support through starting a Learning log in #community-hub:learning-logs and sharing recordings in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing. None of which is a replacement for a jam buddy. Hopefully you’ll get some interest in replies here. Otherwise you can post a specific topic in #social:meeting-place

1 Like

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, guys!!! xx

2 Likes

Hi @Reli18, good to see other people in/from Belgium here. :slight_smile:

The community here’s really wonderful in helping out if you have questions and being positive!

1 Like

Hello @Reli18 and greetings from Antwerp!

1 Like

Hello @Reli18 , welcome here and in Gent :wink:
I myself I live in Bruges, so if you ever plan to visit (a must, actually…) feel free to drop a line.
In Gent there is a place called “muzikantenhuis” (house of musicians), it’s worth checking out, there’s a lot going on there. It’s located in the Dampoortstraat, the main focus there is on acoustic, folk and ethnic music. If you’re into blues, Missi Sippy in a street named Klein Turkije (close to the Korenmarkt) is the place to be.

3 Likes

Oh my! Thank you for this detail! I’m gonna check it! I used to learn language course in dampoort area and I also love missy sippy! Been there many times! :ok_hand:t4::ok_hand:t4::ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

hi Reli

I have also moved to gent last week. I would def like to meet up. lets jam together ?

text me

greetings

dailin

2 Likes

Belated welcome, Reli! Hope things are coming along with you and your guitar journey :blush:

1 Like

Welcome!

I was born and lived in Gent for all my life, recently I moved to Wetteren so I’m still pretty much around.

I’m a pure beginner (less than 2 months of playing) but once I improved a bit I’m always up for a jam

I don’t know if you could connect or got together for a jamming session,

I also moved to ghent, I play bass and want to meet people to jam and maybe form a band!

Please let me know if someone is interested!

Regards,
Sebastian

Hey, I’m from Sint-Lievens-Houtem, just next to Wetteren :grin:
Beginner here, really started to play a lot from March (23)
Who knows, maybe there’s a possibility to jam in the future as we’re almost close neighbors :laughing:

Hey Sebastian,

Yeah could be interested, even if it’s just playing to make some fun. I’m from Sint-Lievens-Houtem, so that’s not far from Gent. I started to play almost everyday since march.

Have a nice day!