Ludovico Einaudi - Nuvole Blanche fingerstyle cover

Hey friends, long time no post (and sadly, play)! First time checking into the new forum. Got a little into classical guitar lately. Spent the last month learning this excellent classical piece originally played on piano. And when I say last month, I mean I ONLY played this song over and over and no other practice what so ever. Still can’t manage to get through the whole thing without mucking up at least once or twice. There’s so many darn notes and different picking patterns…However I think this is the best I can muster up at this point in my journey so I decided to post. Hope you enjoy and as always, any feedback on technique, timing etc is very welcome! :slight_smile:

For anyone who wants to give it a try I used a tutorial from Robert Gunn. Just search YT and it’ll show up.

Take care! Erik

12 Likes

A sweet song for us today!
And quite a hefty one!

Although the “flow” could be a bit more consistent at some places, other places were smooth like a little mountain river.

My main constructive feedback woudl be: practice other things too! :smiley:

Robert Lunn

One of my favourite songs, lovely played and respect for taking on this one. There is a point in approaching difficult pieces, this one came wonderfully :star:. Looking forward to hear more from you, the more fingerstyle, the better :slight_smile:.

That was a lovely piece of playing Erik of a very challenging song. Above my play-grade to comment of technicals but I thought it was great.

Hi Erik,
Wonderful… :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
And for the rest what Lieven says…
And a shame that we haven’t heard from you for so long… :wink:
Greetings,Rogier

Very nice Erik. If I could play at this level I wouldn’t carry on struggling with singing!

Wow! Thanks for sharing, this is a very good start to my day! I loved that flow of notes :notes::notes::notes: It also is a long piece with not an easy structure. I agree with Lieven, practice other things, you’ll come back to it much refreshed and be able to adjust where it’s not smooth yet. Also, check Justin’s latest lesson on the Spacing Effect, if you still haven’t as you can apply it to this.

Hello Erik, and Welcome back to the community :hugs:.
What a wonderful piece of music you’re playing. I love fingerstyle, but this is way above my level. So, I definitely can’t give any comment or even advice about technique.
I really enjoyed listening :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

That was beautiful. Definitely above my pay grade. I am looking forward to more.

That was played well! A tough piece, I think still beyond my skill level on classical guitar. But now on my short list for when I am ready!
Thanks for the fun inspiration and kudos for playing it so well!

Good to hear from you again, Erik. The piece is sounding good and beyond me to offer suggestions. Hope you’ll be around more regularly to contribute again.

Very nice, sounded good. Beyond me to comment on the technical aspects.

I really enjoyed that. It’s one of my favourite pieces to play on the piano so I’m all too aware of the complications, but you have it sounding great.
I like it as a piece because it’s fun to play with varying the tempo and dynamics at various points rather than playing all one-speed or one-volume, but I’m guessing if you’ve been playing it for a month you’ve noticed that already! :slight_smile:

That was absolutely beautiful Erik :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: