Mad World - Gary Jules

Hi boys and girls!

Here is a video of Mad World that I played on YouTube. I am playing it with an electric guitar and i am singing also. Check this on the link below Thanks to all of you! :smiley:Mad World - Gary Jules

9 Likes

Sounds very good Angelos :exclamation: Really good :exclamation: Also went to see and explore your YouTube channel a little bit and think it’s great. Very clever way of using a YT channel. Thanks for sharing :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Liking the tempo and singing Gary!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I fill my YouTube channel with things that i love in music. Is my sanctuary :rofl: whenever i have inspiration i’m uploading something :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Angelos

Enjoyable version of a great song: you could perhaps try other strumming patterns and/or vary the dynamics a little more. Liked it: well done.

Brian

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :pray: It was one of my first attempts to record a song, so i keep it simple with the old faithful. I will do this in the near future with other songs. Thanks @beejay56 for your support :smiley:

Angelo

The original version of ‘Mad World’ is by ‘Tears for Fears’ and was a hit for the band about twenty years before the MichaelAndrews / Gary Jules cover, which was done for a film (Donnie Darko). Listen to the original if you can: it’s very different.

Here’s a performance by Gay Jules and Curt Smith - Tears for Fears vocalist.

Brian

1 Like

Sounds great, Angelos. Enjoyed the slideshow as well

1 Like

Well played, Angelos, … indeed it remains a mad world… :wink:
I had the original on TFF’s debut album “The Hurting”… a big hit in early 80’s.

Great cover; a steady rhythm, smooth chord changes, and good vocals. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks to all of you guys! :pray:

@beejay56 the truth is that I have never listened Tears for fears. I ll will search them more. I will listen more songs from them.