Madman's Melancholy Missing Mojo Mystery

Cheers Richard.

As you see I diversified from the SR Mixo Dorian venture. When I listened to that BT and jammed over the 10 minute version, the section where the dirt and power kicked, just cried for that particular lick and worked with the double stops in 1/4 or 1/8ths but boy did it sound raunchy running it through a 57 Champ, just a little too dirty for the whole track and I didn’t want to be pedal dancing for this one !
Demons partially exorcised.

:sunglasses:

Pffftttt Aerosmith???

1 Like

Thank you so much for you kindness Andrea and glad you enjoyed it. Some times you need the blues to play the Blues I guess. As to your question on what I do when motivated, well as I used my trusted Smokey LP on this one, here’s a jam I did last year on the old forum, with a raunchy Southern Rock backing track you may enjoy. Again the rule was keep it simple and flowing.

Smokey And The Mixo Kid

Now listening to that again has lit a fuse, so thank you for making think about your question !

1 Like

Really appreciate that JK. I guess lost mojo is not about losing skills or the ability to apply them, its more about the desire and passion to apply them evaporates. Kind of like the hunger has gone, albeit temporarily. Normally I’ll look at my rack and think OOoo kay which one today and can’t wait to pick up but when the mojo gone its like there is zero enthusiasm and the spark has gone. Sometimes you just stumble back on a flame that lights the fire again and all is good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Toby, your mojo has indeed been missed both in your comments as well as playing.
All I can say is, when I watch clips like the above, I just see a guy who loves playing guitar. I’m afraid you’ve come much too far down the track to ever stop. It’s been integrated into your DNA at this stage, so you might as well just give in a continue plodding away even during the uninspired times.
Glad to see Mr. Mojo Risin’ again. Strange days indeed… :wink:

Yeah, when the music’s over it is over but it is not yet the end, despite roadhouse blues we’ll break on through

Thank you Brian you big softie. It was never a matter of quitting more finding the right moment for re-entry. There will always be ups and down but this time a bit of post euphoria crash and burn. Rest assured I will always bounce back in one form or another. Anyway with my stable I reckon the missus would lynch me if I ever dared mention I was stopping. :rofl:

Oh I love that quote. I like to use the word therapeutic. Sounds like just what you needed because it sounded like plenty of mojo to me. Good to hear from you, Toby.

OK not PC these days but doesn’t that require the fat lady to stop singing and there’s no latter day Mama Cass warbling in mi casa ! Now why am I think of Denis Leary ?

Very enjoyable and full of feeling. Perhaps I am projecting, but I get the midlife angst expressed in a mellow and soothing manner, like a nice beer with some growling undertones wrapped in acceptance.

Makes me want o put more effort into the electric, even though I am tracking down a classical these days.

Thanks for sharing and glad you feel back to it!

:rofl: not sure why you may be thinking Denis Leary, I’d have gone for Timothy Leary, and maybe Janis Joplin and a bottle of southern comfort to build on my follow on to Brian’s ‘Mr. Mojo Risin’ again. Strange days’

1 Like

Hi Toby!
I liked your impro.
Restrained and stylish. Good sound.
Well done for writing this down!
Leo

Many thanks Pam, thanks for listening and yes I needed the therapy ! :wink:

Cheers Josh but I’m well place midlife angst but I’ll take that as a compliment. I too like a nice beer with growling undertones. Get yourself plugged in and see how it goes.

You’d have to be familiar with his old stand up routines for that one. I’d go for the Southern Comfort but that may inspire the next impro, which is where I am heading, once I settle on the track to use. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Cheers Leo it was much need therapy to drag me out of the pit but all is good. And great to hear yours and Mike latest it was stellar !

Glad you’ve found your mojo Toby. That was some good impro mate. Like you said you have to be feeling the blues to really play the blues.

Very soulful, Toby, sounding like you’re finding your way.

Good deal on the play. I like the tones and harmony of it all.

Mojo is a fleeting thing. It comes and goes, ebbs and flows. The key is not to go too low… I have to admit to my own rut. Yet my issue is medical as I got a treatment for the fretting hand. After that things got much worse! I can’t play now. So you see, it could be worse!

All the best there rocking dude!
LB

So glad to see and hear you again Toby. I can hear the melancholy of a missing mojo, so glad you could give it a voice.