Madman's New Diary Chapter Three - Ezza Good

Hey Toby,
Yep, LB cut to the chase and went for the play. Thanks for splitting up the subject mater.

You have some tasty licks going on in this one. I enjoyed your play and take on this. Tone was good and my, that looks like a fair sized body on the guitar?

Keep up the good vibe and carry on!,
LB

Isn’t YouTube full of strange people ?
Feel free to offer an explanation or advice other than something I can’t print here.
:imp:

fare7a g
• 1 hour ago

*LP reacted d ryt way, she is vym.Monster need of over drama, or over consider ations. She don’t deserve considerationsi. Lp പറഞ്ഞ പോലെ, ജീവിതം തുടങ്ങിയല്ലേ ഉള്ളു, പഠിക്കട്ടെ.

Leo the croc o dil o !! Hi :smiley:

g6Abe7c

So glad I can provide solace during your working day ! When I found that BT I thought, yep that will do nicely. And shoot I would not say stress free !! That’s all done with smoke and mirrors. After about 20 attempts I was getting a bit manic, so I cut and run with this one.

Thanks for the listen.

Toby
:sunglasses:

Cheers Robert

Once I’d settled on the licks, including the ones I eventually missed, I first started with a slow blues like the last few impros but had the urge to kick it up a notch and dropped on the AC style BT and it all fell into place. Lady luck smiles again but what a joy to then go in search of Mr Collins and some great tracks to listen to !

Glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers

Toby

Good Morning Seattle (in the voice of Robbie Williams) :wink:
OK its probably knocking on now but you know what I mean !

One of these days you’ll drop onto one of my intro diary vids by accident and still wonder what the heck I am rambling on about !! Could not resist the name check.

Glad you liked the licks n tone. Some more of my Truefire selection and JKs SoCal Punk FX or a variation with tweaks on the Mustang version. Gretsch’s HBs came across reasonable snarly.

I’ll need to check the video regards the guitar size ? Its the Streamliner and the same size as my 2 Washburn ES335 clones. Maybe I shrunk ? Scales so noooooo. Body is a similar size to a dreadnought but half the depth. All three are a joy to play.

The vibe will continue. Next group of licks being collated for a session real soon. Maybe some post recording mixing next time, if the weather is sympathetic.

Cheers

Toby

Toby that was schweeeeeeeet! :sunglasses:

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of that. Do you ever get out and play gigs? It seems a shame that others might be missing out on what you have to offer.

That was awesome Toby!
And you say that this was without some licks that had slipped out of your head at the time of recording this version? Wow, can’t imagine what’s in store for us if you do get around to adding those extras :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing

Toby,
your 20 attempts were not in vain. It turned out to be a wonderful energetic blues :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you Stefan, that is one of the greatest compliments I have received in my time here !!
As to gigs ? No you are my captive audience. Its very rural where I am located but there are some open mic venues dotted around but not close by. Never thought of doing anything like this for a live audience but would consider the singing and playing. By the time I had the confidence to do that all the Covid complications kicked in. Now other circumstances prevent it. But never say never. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You are too kind Sandro ! I’ll drop a sheet with the planned licks below. Yes when I went back to the open end for the 2nd circuit the plan was to use something completely different and add another couple of fillers ! Easier to do with a 12 minute BT, I just kind when into automation mode a did something close to the first set of licks.

Moving onto another group of licks now in C but had other distractions along the way. Will see how that one turns out in the coming weeks.

Thanks for listening.

If anyone is interested this is the group of individual licks I grouped together, to provide the foundation of this improv. They are the rough framework giving the options of messing around with each one or parts of them, not just playing them note for note.

The missing licks are the first 2 and the penultimate. As you will see I chopped and changed here and there to suit the BT.

That was really ace, Toby. It’s certainly working for you to settle on a few licks and then expand them, you seem to tell a whole story that way.