Making a Repertoire Book

drag & drop the file (MP3, M4A, or WAV I think) into the app

Huh. I’ve done it in the past, before I decided I liked doing it in Word better.

That’s cool - never thought about putting in Word doc - that’s good enough.

I mean, you have to own the song to do that. You can’t just do that for cloud based songs on YouTube music or Spotify.

there’s plenty of websites that give you the means to download mp3 from YT videos . You’d be unlikely to run into copyright issues if they were just for practicing at home.

1 Like

Yes, anything you can play on your computer can be saved and converted into an mp3. I use Linux and there is a neat little program that records anything that goes through your sound card. With Windows you can do it in Audacity.

I do the same sort of thing. Except I save it as a text file, then upload it to my tablet. From there I can open and edit it in my simple notepad app. That’s if I still need to have the words. Otherwise my other method is somewhat more low tech… paper, 2B pencil and a good eraser.

1 Like

For what its worth you can import TAB from UltimateGuitar.com directly into SongbookPro and edit it there. And also add PDF content. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Songsterr is another good starting point for tabs. Can save favourites to get back to easily on the app as a bit of a virtual songbook. Also has the benefits of being able to loop and slow down sections whilst learning, see whats being played by different tracks (rhythm, lead, bassline etc), and sync to youtube tracks to play along to. https://www.songsterr.com/

Is Songbook Pro free. It seems to imply that on their site as it says ‘Try for free’ but don’t know if that is for a limited time?

No but its cheap as chips. Not sure what the latest price is but I paid around a 7 quid (it was 7.49 euros for me ) :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s 6,99 USD, lifetime.

2 Likes

With the free version of Moises you can separate a track into 4 stems, Vocal, Drums, Bass, and Other. Other includes guitar, keyboards, synths, anything that isn’t vocal, drums or bass. With a paid subscription you have the option of adding a fifth stem for guitar. You can then export any or all of the stems as mp3, m4a, or wav files which you can tweak in your DAW, or you can export a single audio mix (for example, all except the guitar stem). The export facility in the free version has a limit of, I think, 5 minutes. The paid version also does a lot of what the Song Master blurb describes, showing chords, and key shifting come to mind.

@theoldman66
Thanks Ian. That answer is just what I wanted to know.

I’ve been lookin at song master. Now I’m gonna be looking at moises too.

Guessing I’ll get something like one of these programs before I’m done.

Don’t hang about, the half price offer only lasts until Thursday :grinning: