Mal - August 2022 - Who Knows Where the Time Goes - Fairport Convention

Inspired by the recent Justin lesson on Barre chord grips. Lovely song, hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoy playing it.

15 Likes

Nice job Mal! That is pretty song.

Hi Mal,
Lovely song with nice lusty chords :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
Greetings,Rogier

Cracking performance Mal - Sandy would be pleased to hear it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really good version of a beautiful song Mal and certainly a bit of a barre chord workout. Well done.
A lot of artist have sung it, I think my favourite is Eva Cassidy.

Btw I really enjoyed you and your daughter’s performance on the open mic the other night. Great stuff.

1 Like

Gordon, thank you for the kind words. Sandy or Eva, are to my ears both wonderful, not sure if I could choose between them, love the song though, and the Fairport Covention version has some lovely Richard Thompson laidback licks going on.

One of my favs, I grew up listening to the Judy Collins version. Started my morning off the right way. It was just another Tuesday until I heard this. Nice jangly and ringing guitar tone. Well done sir!

1 Like

Great stuff Mal really enjoyed the song which I hear for the first time in my life. Really cool!

2 Likes

Thanks Adrian, you might wish to check out the Fairport Convention version, to my mind possibly the best.

That was a lovely tune you played and my first time hearing it (from anyone). You nailed it. It left me thinking how much we all take time for granted until it’s gone. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

1 Like

Indeed, who knows where the time goes. Well done, Mal. A nice performance both playing and vox. Love the chord progression.

1 Like

Very nice playing and singing, I don’t remember this but it reminded me a bit of Baby I’m a want you in places, probably the chord progression more than anything else!
Keep them coming :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Darrell thank you for the kind words. Do not know recognise the song you mention, who was it?

1 Like

It was Bread,

Yes of course, I do know this, thanks.

1 Like

Should be a nice one for a follow up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice tune Mal,

Consistent strumming, and good vocals :ok_hand:. I struggle a lot with barre chords as well, but you get them almost always ringing great.

Keep up the good job :clap:

PS: My acoustic is an Álvarez as well :grin:

So many songs, so little time, but you never know.

Edgar, thanks for your words of encouragement. I am slowly working my way to either an Alvarez Yairi or K Yairi, and love my Alvarez, it came last December and have not played much else since.

1 Like

Has a beautiful tone, indeed. I got mine in July. I have to bring it to a luthier for a proper setup, though. The action is a bit too high. But my local music store was on vacation until now :sweat_smile:

1 Like