Every Me and Every You, Placebo (cover), Sally McLennane, The Pogues (cover); March recordings

Wonderful Brian, the playing and singing were excellent and your little dumpster guitar was skipping along nicely.

Nice backstory too and this song really helped set the scene for the gig you went to.

£3, back when it just used to be about the enjoyment of the music.

1 Like

What a treat, definitely one for St Paddy’s night, a wee dram, a wee singsong and of course a wee jig! Loved it :clap:t2: :smiley:

1 Like

Brian, you have one week left till St Patrick’s day. I want more Irish stuff!

Great job, really enjoyed it! + also some classic in-depth contributions from Richard!

1 Like

Oh dear, four days away and I’m already way behind :open_mouth:

@pkboo3 Thanks Pam :smiley:
It was a fun song to learn and it’s one you can actually sing at a gathering without any musical accompaniment (a bit of table banging in the chorus adds atmosphere :laughing:).
Isn’t that a difficult strumming pattern when you first try it? :open_mouth:

@Richard_close2u Thanks again :smiley:

I’m always distracted, Rogier. It was no Community distractions. I’ll share my distractions soon enough :wink:

Cheers, Jeff
A whirlwind summary, proving you read and listened :rofl:
Much appreciated, my friend

Story of my life :wink:

@NicoleKKB Ooooh… that’s a lovely thing to say :smiley:
My ‘kids’ have given up on me a long time ago :laughing:

I’m like a train in a tunnel! :laughing:
Appreciate the listen and comments, Dave :smiley:

I never asked Chris to join in on this, maybe I should have :thinking:

Cheers, Stefan :smiley:

You can still get live music for £3 (Watch this space :rofl:)

@Nancy15 Thanks for the listen and thumbs up Nancy -
go paint the town green! :four_leaf_clover: :rofl:

@glpguitar cheers, mate.
My mind is still recovering from your ‘drop’ :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Great story and you did justice to the song. Been a fan of the Pogues for some years.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

I know the odd song by the Pogues, though not this one.
Always found their songs got your foot tapping. This was no different.
Definitely suites your delivery style. A grand job.

Irish Rover next?

Hope you’re good.

Digger

1 Like

Hi Joe, (doesn’t ring quite right :wink:). Much appreciate the listen and thumbs up. Thank you :smiley:
An appropriate bump, with Paddy’s Day this week :four_leaf_clover:

@Digger72 Always good to hear from you Steve, hope you’re doing ok?
I’m keeping well, thanks for asking
I’m a bit wary of too much diddly-idly but you never know what the future holds :laughing:

1 Like

I’m trying to learn a song from Justin’s lessons with a bit of note picking along with a non-intuitive strumming pattern, which is going to take me forever… :roll_eyes:
I got distracted and needed a quick-fix-fun song. @Pilhas reminded me of a Placebo album I used to listen to, so I chose on of those. :smiley:
Astute observers will note, not only did I dress CNDy with a new set of strings, but retouched her mascara and oiled the fretboard so I could go faster :laughing:
I’m saving the planet, so no heating. That’s why I’m sporting the dressing gown my dear mum made me forty years ago :snowman:
Listen carefully and you can hear my neighbours banging on the walls to get me to shut up :rofl:
Hey, I kept it under 3 minutes!

6 Likes

Hi Brian,
I get things mixed up easily so not sure how and what now… so I’ll stick with good vibes

:joy:

Greetings

1 Like

Nice version Brian. Very enjoyable singing and playing.

How rude of the neighbours, you should pop round and ask them for their £3 listening fee. A hoodie and a dressing gown is a new look to me but you rocked it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Haha, you saved me from my vanity, Stefan :rofl:
I was doing a bit of ‘housekeeping’ this morning, wondering whether I should give Sally McLennane a cheeky bump for Paddy’s Day, (but secretly also to draw attention to the Placebo tune I tagged on :roll_eyes: :laughing:)
I was starting to wonder if thick-skinned Rogier was the last of my disciples… :rofl:
Cheers for the compliments, mate.

Happy Paddy’s Day everyone! :four_leaf_clover: :ireland:

2 Likes

Have a bump Brian, in remembrance of Shane.

4 Likes

I did give this one a spin again yesterday. One of my favourite Pogues songs excellently covered by you Sir.

1 Like

Cheers for the bump @Richard_close2u and the extra listen, @Eddie_09 :smiley:

Here’s a tribute from author Roddy Doyle (The Commitments, The Van & The Snapper…)

-Sad about Shane McGowan, isn’t it?
-Did yeh ever see the Pogues?
-No. Yourself?
-Years an’ years ago. In the SFX Centre. D’you remember the SFX Centre?
-I do, yeah. There used to be great gigs there – after the bingo.
-I don’t know if the Pogues were on after the fuckin’ bingo, but anyway – I was goin’ in and this fella in front of me says there was a rumour goin’ round tha’ Shane was goin’ to die onstage tha’ night.
-Wha’!?
-Swear to God. Must be nearly forty years ago. They were half-expectin’ him die.
-Cos of his lifestyle?
-Yeah.
-An’ he only died yesterday.
-Gas, isn’t it?
-Fair fuckin’ play to him.
-There’s hope for us all. Those Pogues songs, but – they get better as we get older, don’t they?
-Better an’ better.
-Rainy Night in Soho.
-Fuckin’ hell, what a song.
-An’ his voice is perfect in it.
-Perfect.
-Look what I got on me way here.
-A packet of fags? You gave them up fuckin’ years ago.
-I’m back on them – just for tonight. For Shane.
-An’ chasers with the pints.
-The Shane McGowan diet.
-Bang on. The man was a fuckin’ genius.

Maybe I should have a pint as well? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m here for the Placebo cover @brianlarsen. Not heard that one for a while. Good stuff! :ok_hand:

Oooh!!! That is a classic from my younger days!! I love that song, forgot all about it…. And by younger days i mean Placebo, not The Pogues :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im afraid i dont know the Pogues other than the best christmas song thats ever been made… i know… it is a bit embarrasing :see_no_evil:

Anyhow… well done Mr. Brian. Enjoyed those two a lot… fine job as always! :+1:

Edit: RIP Shane Mc Gowan

Ffs Brian. And the prize for the longest bump goes to ……… No, seriously, great thread my friend.

1 Like

As Iv’e discovered, any flubs stand out to the ear of the performer but are usually missed by the audience. Sounded perfect to me. And a fun tune for sure. Nice job. Enjoyed!

@Weath72 Cheers, mate
They had some cracking songs alright :smiley:

@tRONd Mange tak :smiley:
Rum, Sodomy and the Lash would be a good place to start :smiley:

@sairfingers You can blame the bump on @Richard_close2u. I suspect his real motivation was to remind us how he goes above and beyond in trying to help us beyond our musical limitations :rofl:

@MiJoy Cheers for the listen and positive comments. Much appreciated :smiley:

2 Likes

Hahahahaha!! :rofl:

1 Like