Mari’s Learning Log

Guitar time is the best time!

Thanks for listening Rogier :smiley:

Thanks for your suggestions, Toby, this one in particular. I know Justin talks about a lick library for blues but I never thought about that in terms of the Major scale (duh!). Lots to think about and practice.

1 Like

It’s 1 month on, so time to post an update on my progression in Justin’s Major Scale Maestro course. I found the Motif Development lesson a really good one, so I’m trying to work on that here. I also liked Toby’s suggestion about collecting some go to runs, although I’m not sure I implemented that much here. Breath, and bends, are the other two things I’m working on. Got a long way to go, but I like the idea of tracking progress. It might take awhile before I feel I’m making much progress, though, but in the meantime it sure is fun.

Any input / tips / suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

(On listening back I realized the backing track should be louder. Next time.)

2 Likes

Hi Mari nice one, good to see you are keeping up the practice with impros! Sounded good to me, as you say BT could be a tad louder but your bends were mostly in tune, I think one thing you could perhaps work a bit more on is vibrato to make it more distinct. However I can fully appreciate this stuff takes time, trust me I know! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Definitely, the song I’m working on, PW, has mega vibrato, and I have none! I decided to just trust the process and see where I end up after going through Justin’s Major Maestro course, and working on songs. Lots to learn, but I’m having fun so will enjoy the journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would say key is to like with anything else do it slower first but distinctive rather than fast and barely. Just do slower vibratos but so you can tell it is there and then try to accelerate it. That’s what I think at least :grin:

1 Like

What a collection of songs. “Breathless” sounded just gorgeous! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much @zys :slight_smile:

1 Like