Mari’s Learning Log

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, David. You are right, I do not like the tone here at all. I’d rather spend my time practicing guitar than chasing tone though, but I’ve got some good suggestions now. And I will go through Justin’s lessons on bending, bending is the blues after all!

1 Like

Thanks Toby, I really like your suggestions and will try them out. I’ve still got some work to do on notes on the fretboard too, but going over triads I think will be good for knowing chord tones.

1 Like

Hi Mari,
Nice and a start that already contains a lot of good stuff :sunglasses:, lots of fun and I follow you on this path with great interest :smiley:
Greetings

1 Like

Hello Mari, I’m not into blues and I’m afraid I can’t give much constructive feedback. My impression is that this is an excellent starting point! It sounds very good and deliver that bluesy feeling I would espect! You’re doing really great, I look foward following your progress and listening to more of your recordings, when you’ll be ready to post :blush:

1 Like

@roger_holland and @SILVIA thank you both, starting is where I’m at!!! I was just getting frustrated with my amp again so I’m taking a break and we’re going out to take the pup for a walk on the waterfront :guide_dog:

3 Likes

I love my guitar, but I have to say that Mylo does have the edge for the happiness factor :heart:

10 Likes

Some good stuff there Mari and a really good ‘start’ point if that’s what you are calling it. I know you’ve been working at improv on and off for a while.
Some good advice given already by the others.

I’m in the same boat as you with this. I’ve started/stopped several times as I find it so difficult to get it interesting and not repetitive.
As for amp tone, snap,!

1 Like

Thanks Gordon, I’m very much intending to stay on the ‘on’ side of ‘off and on’ now, so I should see some gradual progress over the next month(s) year(s)!

Hi Mari, from your catalog of recordings I listened 2 songs: Let It Be that you wrote it was possibly your favourite, good instrumentation there, and Wild Horses, nice vocals and guitar playing there.

1 Like

@dobleA thank you Andrés :slightly_smiling_face: