Mark from Queensland Australia

New to Guitar, tried to learn years ago but no such thing as internet, I have just ordered a Yamaha FG800 for my first Guitar. looking forward to my new Journey with Justin, can’t wait to get started.
Cheers
Mark

9 Likes

I spent a week in Port Douglas many years ago, it was wonderful.
I’m sure you will find everything you need here Mark, welcome to the forum :+1:

1 Like

Hey Mark! Weldcome to JG

The FG800 looks a solid guitar to get going with!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark :exclamation: Welcome in the group :exclamation: You’ll see, it’a a very supportive and kind group. Welcome :upside_down_face: :champagne: :partying_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Mark, great to hear from you. Lots of us Aussies lurking around here. There’s a very active acoustic guitar community in SE Queensland with lots of regular jam sessions, open mics and weekend / camping gatherings that are loads of fun, Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Mark, lots of great friendly people here.
Enjoy your guitar journey!!

1 Like

Welcome from the other side of the country Mark :sun_with_face::+1:

1 Like

Mark, welcome to the community forum.

1 Like

Welcome, Mark!!!
Hope your journey is fruitful.
Have fun!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Mark. :slight_smile:

Make sure you take your new guitar for a set up. It will make playing a lot easier.

1 Like

Hello Mark,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Mark (fellow Qlder). I’ve just started myself, 7 weeks ago. I also started/attempted an era ago but gave up. Then discovered JG. My first guitar I bought in Jan is also a Yamaha, although mine’s the APX600.
Enjoy and welcome to this wonderful community. The level of help and support you get here is fab!

Enjoy!!

1 Like

Welcome Mark,
Have fun and enjoy your NGD.
A

1 Like

Welcome aboard Mark. I’m like you, quite new, just into week 7 and loving it. Enjoy your journey.

1 Like

Welcome Mark and greetings from Adelaide.
Nice to have you here with us.

1 Like

Welcome aboard Mark, have fun :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Mark, welcome. Now there are at least eighteen persons waiting for that guitar to arrive. Enjoy your guitar. Take your time with the lessons. A lot to learn, but fluency can take some time to achieve. The greatest reward probably be when you are able to play a basic version of a song and that can be closer that you think.

1 Like

G’day Mark, a warm welcome to the community.
If you’re brand new you will have challenges, successes, frustrations, questions and excitement.
Justin’s lessons are the best place to learn in a structured way and this community is the best place to hang and share your enthusiasm and ask when you need support.
Enjoy it.
:slight_smile:
Richard