Marshall Amp

I have an old practice amp and it’s working. I’d like to “pay it forward” and give this to someone in the community who may have a need for it. Is there a way of doing this through the community?

12 Likes

That’s a great plan John, was thinking the same about a few old pedals.

Maybe a thread in gear? - with a sticky post emphasising the pay it forward ethos.

4 Likes

Funnily enough we were talking about creating a Sub-category for this purpose. @Richard_close2u here’s a first topic to move into that Sub-category once you get to create it.

5 Likes

Nice one John.
Take it forward by giving your approximate location, whether you want a face-to-face collect or are willing to post etc.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t know if this program runs in the UK. Here in North America there is a “Guitar for Vets” program where you can donate musical equipment to veterans. Here in Canada the program includes students who can’t afford musical instruments.

5 Likes

Those programmes sound ideal. I’ve not heard of anything similar in the U.K. Love to think it could fly.

1 Like

Looks like there is a chapter in the UK
https://www.soldiersartsacademy.org/guitars4vetsuk

3 Likes

Great idea! Bless you for your kind gesture to others!

2 Likes

The amp can be collected from St Albans or I will post within the UK.

2 Likes

Today I was told about a charity https://www.electricumbrella.co.uk/home-old who seem to be a very worthwhile organisation. I’m donating the amp and a few other items to them.

9 Likes

I had emailed Laryne, Justin Guitar Ops Manager, before creating this thread and I’m pleased to hear back from her today that she has created Free Gear & Trade-Offs - JustinGuitar Community.

7 Likes

Hi Willie, I’m not sure if that amp is still available but if so I’d be glad to take it, I have a terrible old practice amp some loose wires inside so it cuts out half the time. So I choose to play my electric unplugged instead :roll_eyes:. I’ve a friend in st Alban’s or pay for postage. Thanks anyway, Chris

1 Like

Sorry, Chris. The amp has been donated already.