Masters of war - Pearl jam

Hi there Rogier! :grin:.
Sometimes i belive i do belive i make these AVOYPs purely for youre feedbacks that always make me smile and giggle :rofl:
Just go for singing Rogier!! I have by no means a great voice. Most of the time i think it sounds badā€¦ i am 100% sure you could get away with putting on some lyrics!

1 Like

We all need a Dylan song in our songbook @TheMadman_tobyjenner !! :grin:

1 Like

Hi there Stefan!
Thanks for checking it out and youre feedback.
I have used pick for quite some time now. I just dont like to use it on a acoustic.
Infind it most often too be way too loud for my taste, i also find it hard too sing and play acoustic with pick.
Im thinking it comes down to my style of playing and the tone i want from an acoustic.
Butā€¦ im am not giving it up on it either, so i continue to play around with it. Maybe somethings click one day and i start using it more.
On an electric i find it too be very different and way easier too use. The sound and tone is pretty much controlled through the amp, i also palm mutes a lot more on a electric and that is much easier with a pick.
But it is just recently i could make it to remotly work. It has taken a long time to Ā«masterĀ» itā€¦

1 Like

Hi there Clint!
Hehehe, i have not used that electrical that much. I bought it to my daughter 2 years ago, so i borrow it from her :grin:
Love that guitar though, the deep blue color reminds me of an 60s hotrod :rofl:

Yep. I could absolutly placed the amp away from the phone. I actually think it could work ok with the amp a few feets and phone closer to me.

Thanks for checking it out :metal:

1 Like

Yeah but having looked at it, I substituted the Pearl Jam version instead. Knockin and Blowin can stay. :rofl:
:sunglasses:

Heheheā€¦ that is valid @TheMadman_tobyjenner :grin: that guy has a huuuuge library of great songs!

1 Like

Hi Trond,

I remember you saying you were a big Pearl Jam fan. Iā€™m glad you mastered this song. The vocals could use a mic, same problem I always seem to have. Overall excellent performance and great song choice too.

Jeff

1 Like

That was great Trond. Loved the tone, and seeing you playing an electric. Sounds like this one is now yours from what you were saying about your daughter preferring the Epi :wink:.

I love PJ but didnā€™t know they covered this song. So relevant.

Thanks for checking out the vid @SDKissFan
Yep, i need to do something different with the set up next time around :grin: dont think i want to spend money on a mic. Not now anywayā€¦
yeah, huge PJ fan. Maybe a bigger E Vedder fan :rofl:
Nice to hear from you again Jeff!

Hi @jkahn
Hehe, i love the Strat. I love the look of it and i love the feel of it, So yeah. I do have some kind of ownership to it :rofl:
Color is not random, before purchased i told her that i had to like the color of it in case she stopped playing. So we agreed on blue. i guess she is a Ā«les paulĀ» person while i am a Ā«Fender personĀ»
Oh, and check out PJā€™s masters of war performed on David Letterman show on youtube when you are boredā€¦ it is amazing :+1:

1 Like

:blush: :grin:

the basis of your voice is good, and sometimes I hear something in it that is very good with the potential of being greatā€¦ if you would like to train your voice with a good teacherā€¦O O oooo ,then I buy tickets. :sunglasses:

But my current basis (as a child I sang really beautifully and powerfully) is like a grown man getting kicked in the scrotum every 10 seconds :hear_no_evil:

The advantage is that I have to focus more on arrangements and chords that are as good and beautiful as possible, and if in 1 or 2 years I take my first steps in singing or attempt to talkative singing :sweat_smile: while playing and it quickly turns out to be not too bad, then I can I also play alone on a stage :sweat:, but my intention is to play with a singer and 1 to 8 other instrumentsā€¦

I should actually put this in my LL and see what comes of itā€¦ Iā€™ll bookmark it ,that`s easier and not so visible to everyone :grin:

Greetings and thanks :sunglasses:

I have been thinking about getting some help with the voice actually, not sure were i can seek that yet. But it is something i am seriously thinking aboutā€¦

Hahahaha!!
I like youre take on it though, and i think that is a smart way to look at it. But please dont go rest of youre life without having a go at singing/playing. Youre playing is beutiful,i am sure it will be even better with lyricsā€¦
Lets start a band by the way, i can do vocals you do the rest :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Good stuff Trond. Some great tones going on there with your electric.
The guitar/vocal balance is just a matter of experimentation when using an amp and a phone.
Well done.

1 Like

That sounded great! Good luck at the open mic, hope it goes well! Susan

1 Like

Cool to see and hear you on electric! Good song choice, and as always, a pleasure to listen. Have a good time at the open mic, sure it will go well and youā€™ll have a blast!

1 Like

Thanks for checking out and for commenting @Helen0609 @sairfingers @SusanW

Very much appreciated :grin::pray:

Iā€™m not familiar with Pearl Jamā€™s material, but this song sounds great. I think the combination of your vocal with that filthy dirty (in a good way!) guitar tone worked really well. Also a total standalone performance - not a backing track in sight!

1 Like

Phil, PJ covered Bob Dylanā€™s original from 1963. Never lost its meaning in 60 years !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Showing my ignorance Toby - I didnā€™t know the original either!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for checking it out Phil :pray: really appreciate it.

As @TheMadman_tobyjenner said. It is a Dylan song from the 60s and sadly as true today as it was back thenā€¦

@CT did very cool acoustic version of it last year.

1 Like

Nice one as always Trond. Just getting back to checking out whatā€™s been going on in the community as I have been back home in Ireland until yesterday: I am sure this will go down well at the OM!