Matchmysound - something new and exciting in Grade 4?

Got it.
Thanks for the folliw up and clarification

I will add something to the written Learn More section.

1 Like

Hi Richard,
while you’re at it, any chance of a full tab of the Boom Bass with Licks lesson? I can take a screenshot of the MatchMySound screen, but it doesn’t capture the whole track. While the app looks very promising, I like a paper tab I can scrawl notes on while I’m learning.
Cheers,
Chris

1 Like

100% agree. Paper pdf and guitar pro was really helpful in the old course :smiling_face:

How does this record what you play? What’s the connection between guitar/amp and pc?

The on board mic. You could use the mic hooked up to your AI.

@Helen0609 @barny @ everyone

I hope this new version of the written content is clearer. https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/how-to-use-matchmysound-sbr-000

OK that makes sense although I don’t have one apart from the one in my Bluetooth bone conducting headphones I use for Teams!

Be good if this could somehow connect directly from my AI to ‘matchmysound’ as I generally only use headphones. Rarely use speakers.

If you have your AI set as default you should be able to plug your guitar into it and Matchmysound will pick it up.

That worked thanks but seems like I need to work at this. This was literally my first attempt at the first bar. Not sure exactly want it means though!

It means that you didn’t play long enough, notes played were not at the right pitch (possibly fretting to firmly) and the notes were not played at the correct timing. Try running it without playing a single note and see if you get the same result.

So not playing anything gets me this. Something not right somewhere!!

Could be AI mic is picking up sound from speakers that play the tabs out. Slightly faded out makes it 68%. Thats my guess

1 Like

Be good to know as a bit off putting/frustrating to find that plying nothing gets a better score than my attempt. Might just let the whole song go through without playing anything to see what score I get! :slight_smile:

Or it could be the background hum I have with the AI which I have no idea how to locate and remove what is causing it.

It’s a bit fiddly but does work. I used it a while ago when I started to work through some RSL material when I had a crazy idea of doing the exams. You need to make sure that your fretting the correct notes cleanly and on time.

I’m thinking it’s this.

@Stuartw did you tune your guitar using the Matchmysound tuner so your at the same pitch?

Hey everyone! Yes, this is a new, fun integration we will be testing to use on the site! It’s a soft launch for now, but we’ll officially announce it very soon!

All lessons with MatchMySound are here: https://www.justinguitar.com/modules/solo-blues-guitar-with-matchmysound

Cheers, and please let us know if you have any feedback. :slight_smile:

Is this a mobile app?

I did and when run it again it tells me that my tuning was 16 cents flat on average, whatever that means. I’m guessing that the tuner is not working! I’ll use my own.

Rob.
Check this post and the ones leading to it.

1 Like