Maybe I don’t need a ‘travel guitar’

Your Martin doesn’t need no stink in’ electricity!

1 Like

Happy Anniversary Gordon! Guitar, rain, power-outage, the right drinks… you planned it perfectly to hone those campfire tunes! :grin:

1 Like

Such an optimist, you expect that to last ? :rofl: Its Wales boyo where you can all 4 season on as many hours ! Enjoy the sunshine Sair.

:umbrella: :closed_umbrella: :parasol_on_ground: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice Stitch but no need for bug spray here in April! It’s balaclava and gloves when out on the bike!

Listen Toby, the only thing that’s saving the day here is watching the reports on tv of all the people trying to go abroad with cancelled or delayed flight chaos at the airports due to Covid staff shortages. A UK Spring break was always going to be a gamble! :smiley:

Whatever the weather Gordon just enjoy the break and a change of scenery,
:sunglasses:

1 Like

An aside to all this are the room acoustics. I normally play my guitar sitting in the same seat, in the same room, in the same house.
This week I’m in a different house and the acoustics are different. My guitar sounds brighter, fresher, newer. I’ve never really thought about this before.

When I get home I must make an effort to play in other rooms. Not always possible of course if others are reading, watching tv or whatever.

1 Like

From NGD to NHD could be a little pricey.

So stay up late one night and move the tele and books into your “studio”. Grab a Z bed and claim squatters rights in the “old” TV lounge. Just don’t tell the missus I suggested it ! :rofl:

1 Like

Interesting observation. I like to play in my living room, in a corner with big windows on each wall and a tile floor. It makes the guitar sound pretty bright. Sometime almost jangly.

If I play in the basement, it is much warmer further from windows and a thick rug on the floor.

I actually sold my first guitar because I felt it was too bright for me. Turns out it was the room, but I prefer to play in this spot and I love my replacement guitar more, so all good.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to hearing a brighter, fresher, newer AVOYP :wink: Did Mrs Sairfingers let you dance with Layla in sunny Wales?

1 Like

Fortunately the cottage we’ve rented is a converted farm outbuilding with 3 foot thick walls and several rooms so after a day out in the car/bikes visiting the usual touristy places I can play in peace and Mrs Sairfingers can read her book in peace. A few beers and a bottle of red also helps maintain the equilibrium. :smiley:

3 Likes