Memories Together ft. Hatsune Miku

Hi everyone. Have been learning from Justin’s videos 7-8 years ago when I was 17. Gave up on guitar when I study in college, and recently got back to music and guitar. And still find Justin a wonderful teacher to learn from.

Here is my cover on a Malay song, which is a must sing during convocation in my home country. Hope you enjoy it.

5 Likes

That was fascinating, Vincent. And so good. It all went together so well. Your getting a great return on the 7 - 8 years learning guitar.
PS I love it when a different “flavour” of world music appears on this platform. Before learning guitar I don’t think I would ever spend any time listening to anything outside the U.K. or from the US. Now I actively look up different forms. JG’s opened my ears.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Vincent, and congratulations on posting such a beautiful and well played and produced song.

And using Hatsune Miku for the vocals was ingenious and worked really well. I was aware of CV01 but this is the first time I have heard it in action.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Vincent, and what a wonderful way to introduce yourself.

A well produced recording and your playing sounded great.

You may want to head over to #community-hub:introduce-yourself and share a little more personal background, guitar history (I know you mentioned when you first started to follow Justin’s programmes), and your current goals and aspirations. The Community is a real family and do love to get to know members.

That’s largely going over my head, so would appreciate a little more detail, either from Keith or Vincent.

1 Like

@DavidP this from Wiki

Hatsune Miku (Japanese: 初音ミク), also called Miku Hatsune, and officially code-named CV01,[2][3] is a Vocaloid software voicebank developed by Crypton Future Media and its official anthropomorphic mascot character, a 16-year-old girl with long, turquoise twintails. Miku’s personification has been marketed as a virtual idol, and has performed at live virtual concerts onstage as an animated projection (rear-cast projection on a specially coated glass screen)

4 Likes

Wow, that was some introduction. I had not heard of Hatsune Miku, of course I’m pretty old. :roll_eyes: Nice playing and production.

1 Like

@batwoman thanks Maggie, quite fascinating.

There’s even a guitar pedal based on Hatsune Miku:

Welcome back to the guitar world Vincent and what a great way to announce you are back. I am not familiar with the song but it sounded great!

1 Like

Wow that was very different Vincent. A completely new concept to me.
Well played and a great debut AVoYP. Welcome to the Community.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your support and feedback. It really helps me to learn and grow as a musician. Would love to share my ideas and inspirations in the future!

2 Likes

Hi Vincent,
How good that you have returned to the guitar, …I liked the guitar playing :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Vincent and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

That was different and very enjoyable. I’m glad to hear you have returned to playing.

1 Like