Metallica - Enter Sandman (Rythm guitar | full song)

You killed it Edgar. James H may pull you on the stage one day to join in. This is one of my dream songs to play. I have been working on Nothing Else Matters as a dream song too. I can strum through it, but lots of arpeggios if I really want to play correctly. This one seems a bit more achievable in short term after watching you play. Well done!

Jeff

1 Like

His cat was probably headbanging out of camera view haha

2 Likes

Wow that sounds so great! I love the Gibson SG Standard, too. Sweet!

1 Like

Awesome performance, you should be proud of that one!

1 Like

Bravo Edgar! That is how to rock it!

Excellent playing, looks like you’ve mastered this one.

I just hit this module yesterday, so this is one I’ll be working on, though this is the first time I have ever heard the song. :smiley:

1 Like

Oooh I see :sweat_smile:. Thank you!

Great. Achievement unlocked! :rofl:. Thank you, mate
It’s a really great song to learn, and very enjoyable too. I was just a bit more nervous than usual for being recording :sweat_smile:. When I play it for myself I headband a lot while playing :rofl:

I don’t think I could even hold de guitar if I go up to the stage with them :rofl:.

I have recorded as well the intro of Nothing else matters. And without any doubt Enter Sandman is more beginner friendly. Have fun learning it :slight_smile:

How did you know? :smirk_cat:

Many thanks for listening :bowing_man:

Thank you Stefan :grin:. I enjoyed a lot learning this son.

Have fun on module 12 :slight_smile: I’ve been there for 2 months and I still have songs to learn. I such a great module. Besides, I’m quite a metal head. So that may have some influence :sweat_smile:. But there are so many thinks you unlock with power chords and some distortion… :drooling_face:

1 Like

Great job Edgar…superb performance all the way through. Takes real concentration and attention to detail. Must have taken a while to get it to this stage. Also nice production on the video. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

That was fantastic. I’m working my way though the lessons and this is up next. Can’t wait to start it. My son goes to Virginia Tech … I’m sure he’ll be pumped if I can figure out a way to play this when he gets home!

1 Like

Thank you for noticing it :grin:. Even though the main riff was “playable” after some days, I kept listening to the song and making changes a week before the recording :sweat_smile:.

I had some experience editing videos before, so that wasn’t that hard…except for syncing the sound :nerd_face:

Sure he will! And sure you’ll make it. The intro isn’t the hardest part and just by playing it, you already feel as the 5th member of Metallica :metal::guitar:

Multiple camera angles?!

Hey, that was awesome man. I heard the parts you meant about losing tempo, during the staccato part and one slipped note. Wicked minor, most people wouldn’t notice it. Part of the reason they’re so good playing it live is because they played it a thousand times while writing it, a thousand times while recording it, a thousand times rehearsing it for the show and a thousand times during their rehearsals before shows.

It was good, I enjoyed it the whole way through. Can’t wait to hear more.

Are you figuring you’re more a rhythm player than lead? If so stick with it, the world needs more straight up rhythm players!

1 Like

Yep. I have an iPad and my webcam recording. For not doing a video too boring with 5 min of the same angle :rofl:.

Is not that I’m into Rythm guitar. Is more that I don’t have the level to do any lead :sweat_smile:. So for now I’m being patient and happy playing rhythm. Until my day of my first heavy solo comes :metal:

Nice guitar cover of a great Metallica song,
good sound.

Mike

1 Like

Thank you for watching, Mike! :blush::metal::guitar:

Me too Adrian :grin:

Very nice work Edgar. Lovely cat too.

2 Likes

Haha, she is the real star of the video :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Thanks Maggie :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to confess to wanting to see more of her while you were playing :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I’ll keep it in mind and try to get a camera at her in the next AVOYP :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice performance Edgar! It sounds very fluid and we’ll synced with the backing track. I just heard the original song and the tone (that is gear but also playing) matches the sound in the mind you can expect of the song. Yes, you can put the cat in a video within the video in your next AVYOP so we can also keep an eye on you and the guitar :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s stunning Edgar, well done. I aspire to be able to do the same. I couldn’t notice any tempo issues at all! We really are our own worst critics! Bravo :clap:

1 Like

Excellent Edgar. Love this song and love to play it too. Really well played

1 Like