Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (Intro)

Thank you, @qwerty1928 !

Wow. If with a one week you play it more or less that’s a huge level! I’ve been practicing 5 min each day for more than a month and I still mess up quite often :sweat_smile:.

Sure you’ll nail it soon :grin:

:metal::guitar:

1 Like

ahah okay, I should be more accurate : I practiced it one week now + practiced it a first time for a week or two 1 year ago :grinning: Had forgotten most of it, but it seems the 2nd trial is going much faster and nicer than the first :grin:

1 Like

It stills a pretty good progress to me :grin:.

Good luck with this attempt :+1::grin:

Good job! Deceptively difficult riff and that 6/8 time really cooks my brain.

1 Like

Thank you Dan :blush:.

Yes, was really hard to get the timing reasonably right

1 Like

Hi

Thought the timing in your playing was really good.
Nice tone. Clean picking.

Did the Tallica proud.

Digger

1 Like

Hello Digger. Really appreciate it :blush:. Thank you :metal::guitar:

Very nice and I like the sound too. :slight_smile: I wish that my first fingerstyle song attempt was that good. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! It was 2 months of playing 5 min every single day this song. A lot of work but very glad it worked about finally :blush:

This is amazing! Very well done!! Have you also tried fade to black??

I haven’t touched fingerstyle apart from the basic songs covered in the lesson but now I guess I know what I will be doing the coming months/years :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I really struggle with fingerpicking. I practise it, fail and then ignore it and do other stuff.
But your video is very motivational for me @Rumil. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

So, I opened the lesson… and as soon as I got to the plucking of the two E strings simultaneously with the note on the 7th (which is at 1:51) I noped the hell off that page :rofl: :rofl: … I am 100% sure I would have given up learning guitar tomorrow if I continued any further :crazy_face:

I excelled at the 6 1 2 3 open strings though :rofl:

Again, great job! Keep it up!!

Not yet. But I would love to. I’ll add it to my wishlist :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks you you for that comment! Hope you still trying :blush:. Eventually it starts to work.

:rofl::rofl: yeah it’s quite an intimidating lesson. Hope you give it a try further on your guitar journey :metal::guitar:

But that’s great! You already can use this song to quest some friends to figure out which song are you playing :rofl:

Yep I’ll pick it up a year from now and give it a try.
I tried fade to black and that seems achievable in a month (the clean intro, not the entire thing :D), so should be easy for you!

1 Like

Sounds really good! I liked the tone of your guitar too, what did you use to get it?

Thank you, Brendan!

I’m using the app AmpliTube with a profile of a fender twin reverb amp :blush:

1 Like