Milestone achieved: Jamming with others

So, it has been three years since I started this guitar journey. Early on I set it as an eventual goal to get good enough that I could feel comfortable jamming with others. I am happy to say it has finally happened. I am now jamming weekly with a drummer and a bassist. The drummer has been playing for about as long as I have and the bassist has way more experience than both of us, but apparently a lot of patience :slight_smile:

I tried this once a year ago with different people, but instead ended up with some PTSD when they told me after one session to not come anymore. It made trying again with these new people a bit more difficult on me, as I wasn’t ready for that rejection again. I am happy to report that this time it went way better, and the vibe is way more relaxed.

We are all prog rock fans, so the material we are working on is challenging, but I am making slow/steady progress. I am very much looking forward to honing my skills with this group and seeing where it goes.

My next milestone… to get confident enough to play in front of people one day. That might take another 3 years though :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Well done. Sometimes it just takes getting with the right people. Glad this time it went well. :guitar: :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds good, Damien. Can appreciate the courage to have a second crack after the results of the first attempt.

1 Like

Well done, maybe the first time you just got with the wrong people - glad you got with the right ones at last :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations. That’s really cool. Sometimes it only needs to meet the right people. Hope you enjoy your journey even more than before. Have fun!

1 Like

Hi Damien,
That’s very nice for you of course :sunglasses:, but where are the recordings of that coming together for us :roll_eyes: :grin:
Greetings ,Rogier

1 Like

Heh… I won’t be posting footage of that anytime soon. We have a lot of work ahead of us :slight_smile:

Well done and congrats! you’re in a band! You’ll be surprised how quickly things will move along.

1 Like

Well done and congrats on find the right people to jam with.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Cheers Damien, I still remember the first time I jammed with others, it did NOT go well :rofl:

Looking forward to listening to the band when you’re comfortable sharing!

1 Like

Good on you Damien, pretty rough with your first experience by the sounds of it so congratulations for stepping back out there and glad it’s gone well! These are the kinds of experiences we need to hear about.
Look forward to your first single release :wink:

1 Like

Heh… maybe we need to start a new thread about first jam horror stories so that we all feel better about it :grinning:

One step at a time… a single release is nowhere on my list of goals at the moment :laughing:

That’s great. Just a shame you had a rubbish experience the first time. Great you had the guts to do it again :smiley::+1:t2:

1 Like

Congrats - you must feel on top of the world!

1 Like

You don’t need people like that in your life. I am glad you persevered and have found some people to play with, have fun.

1 Like

You don’t need people like that in your life.

You mean honest people?

Grats on finding some people to play with. It’s so much more rewarding!

1 Like