Misty (Jazz Standard)

The jazz standards are absolutely beautiful! I don’t like the modern stuff but the classics really are stunning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounded fabulous, Kevin, both your play and the tone.

I think there is a reminder to all of us that there is a lot more to tone than just the style of guitar. Without looking some with perhaps not super acute and schooled ears might have assumed you were playing a hollow body.

Perhaps share the way in which you dial in that tone, which again sounds spot on for that style of jazz guitar, which certainly is easy listening mood music, irrespective as to whether you may be into ‘jazz’ or not (I put that in quotes as jazz really is a super broad term that covers a range of different styles and sounds).

Offering feedback to aid in improvement is beyond me. But I will say, that for me I preferred the look of your early videos, before you discovered that visual effect. I’d like a cleaner, natural view to watch you play.

Thanks for sharing and hope that as you progress with modules may find time learn and share more of these standards, always a treat.

If your interested in the classics the Sandra Sherman has done a lot of tuition and performances on YT; this is her website:

I have used her tuition videos for quite some time.
If you’re into Blues, I can definitely recommend DaddyStovepipe’s channel on YT, especially for acoustic blues.

Nice, chilled and relaxed.

1 Like

That was beautiful! Your fingering was really smooth. I really like that style of jazz. The tone was excellent.

1 Like

Hi David,
That is so nice of you, Thanks a lot!

Well I have a squire with a pickup selector on 4 (Neck and middle pick up), and an headphone amp with a bit of reverb. It goes into a jambox using a small auf cable and ja then recorded with my iPhone.

That’s my “setup”

Well I switched to a filter because I make super stupid faces when I focus on playing guitar. Really, it seems like I am smelling something funny all the time​:man_facepalming:t4::crazy_face:

Thanks for watching :smile: right now I am looking for a good arrangement that I could learn… also I was wanting to try a bit of funk, let’s see how that goes. Anyway I will keep you guys updated - having to record everything really helps learning the piece. It seems that the minute that I hit record I forget stuff, which I then have to practice again. ^^

Thanks, I will definitely check it out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really enjoyed that, Kevin, you definitely have a feel for jazz.