MMS Lesson 10

Here’s a backing track in the key of G major.

View the full lesson at MMS Lesson 10 | JustinGuitar

All the information you need about the chord progressions within the backing track, plus some recordings of JustinGuitar students playing over it, can be found here:

Hi,
Does anyone know the chord progression for the track in Lesson 10 of MMS?

i know which chords are in the key of G but my ear is not good enough to hear which chords are being played so my attempts at playing over are random at best!

All the best.

Sean.

1 Like

Hey Sean,

Welcome mate.

On the site now, so had a quick look.
I believe the main progression here sounds like a

I - Imaj7 - IV- V7

So, G - Gmaj7 - C - D7.

Cheers, shane

2 Likes

I’m working on ear training, so this is probably wrong, but my thoughts …
I’d agree with G, GMaj7, C. I’m not hearing the D7 (can’t hear the C note), I think it might be a straight D Major?
The second part goes Em, Bm, D, Am
The bridge is confusing me a little. I think it starts something like C, B/C, Am, G (I’m not sure of the B/C - I’m pretty sure the bass goes to B in the first half of the bridge) but the bass changes in the second half to an ascending pattern - I can’t quite work out what’s going on there.

2 Likes

Yes Paul…I listened to the bridge too and thought umm… Am, Em, in there somewhere and… ummm…, well beats me… re the ‘verse’, I might be hearing the D7, cos its pretty much the opening line for Lyin Eyes by The (legal) Eagles (minus the Am) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I need to know that bridge progression now…

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for your help. Greatly appreciated!

I downloaded the mp4 of the lesson and was able to extract an mp3 file that I have loaded into Amazing Slow Downer. At half speed I’ve got at least some idea of what’s going on.

Once again many thanks.

Sean

1 Like

@Sean555 @sclay @mathsjunky Look up to post #1. I have added a link with all the info you need.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome - thanks Richard.

1 Like

Of course you have. Thats what you do. You makes things right. Very much appreciated @Richard_close2u

Cheers, Shane.

1 Like