Molly Malone Chord Melody

Hello, one more chord melody, as I love chord melodies…just in case you haven’t noticed yet :see_no_evil:

I recorded this in July, and a few rolling chords there sound very much as block chords as my attention was mostly given to the fretting hand…I think that overall it still requires work, I’m aiming to more accuracy now, using pinky effortlessly, moving less my fretting fingers and get a more legato effect…easier said than done!

I’m very proud to say that I worked it out by ear all by myself, I also worked out the intro simple melody from a Nursery Rhymes CD of mine. I tried to alternate block chords, rolling chords and single notes as Justin did on Greensleeves…and that final higher octave: I copied it from Greensleeves because it sounded really cool to me! :blush::blush::blush:

Any thought, criticism or advice is very much appreciated! Grazie :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Your enjoyment of playing shines through. Keep it up, Sylvia. Well done.

1 Like

Lovely Silvia! Really well played and you really looked like you were enjoying performing which is great to see. You took me right back to my days when I lived in Dublin. Great job! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Eddie_09 Thanks a lot Eddie, it’s great to read :blush::blush::blush: I wish I could visit Dublin soon!

Thank you very much! :blush::blush::blush:

That was lovely Sylvia, very nicely played!
At times I couldn’t make my mind up whether I was seeing joy and pleasure or guitar faces but at the end it said it all :joy:!

1 Like

Lovely to see you amazing yourself as it progressed ! Big kudos if you worked that out by yourself, well done !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Silvia - As you know I’ve been working lately on fingerstyle so when your recordings pop up its a must watch for me. That was very nicely played, you are making great progress. Besides progress the other most important factor is enjoyment and it’s clear to see that you are getting great enjoyment out of learning these melodies which consolidate keys techniques.

1 Like

Firstly kudos for working out the melody by yourself. No mean feat!
Secondly well done on a great performance. Really super fingerstyle on display there.
Well done Silvia.

1 Like

Thank you Darrell for your positive feedback!

Probably a good mix of them both! When something feels like challenging I try to smile, then it happens that the smile becomes natural :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for listening and commenting Toby! To tell the truth I’m always amazed when something I play sounds decent because I used not to be able to play a damn thing!:joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::blush:

Thank you James, I really appreciate your feedback! I’m in a consolidation phase, not learning much new materials… and I’m enjoying it a lot! :blush:

1 Like

Aint that the truth for all of us here ! Just hang in there, keep learning, keep practicing, keep recording.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you Gordon for listening and such heartwarming words…I need to be honest: I’m very proud I did it by myself! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Also it’s Justin’s merit too, because he’s a very good example to follow! :blush:

Playing something you worked out by ear feels good indeed. :slight_smile: Surely something to be proud of! :slight_smile:

Very nicely played and the fact that you’re enjoying it makes it even better. It’s like you are giving some happiness/enjoyment back to the listener. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@kamkor Thank you for listening and commenting…this is great to read and really touches me :pray: I’m glad you enjoyed it :blush:

1 Like

Sound great ! Listen and enjoyed till the end. Makes me think if I could play like you do, finger style, I would probably go for renaissance music. Great composers back there. Thank you for the music and for your enthusiasm.
:slightly_smiling_face: :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your positive feedback Luc. I’m learning some classical guitar too and I’m loving it with all my heart :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Very Impressive. I am working on fingerstyle at the moment, too it is sooooo difficult but very rewarding when it starts to come together. As a dubliner I also liked the melody :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Silvia, another great performance. I really enjoyed to listen! You seem to have so much fun, that’s heartwarming. Can’t say anything about the technical aspect, as I’m far behind you, but it sounds definitly as if your consolidation works well. :tulip:

1 Like