More Legal Eagle Shenanigans

May be of interest to the Don Henley Appreciation Society.

7 Likes

:wink: hanks for the news. Interesting! Those charges should be made to stick, because they were stolen and therefore in the end of the age of innocence, carrying malice and evil intent in their sale and purchase.:wink.

He said, this said, who said, what said ad infinitum :smiley:

2 Likes

I tend to agree.

I’m not a fan of Don Henley’s aggressive attempts to bury his music into obscurity.

But in this case, there was actually real theft (as opposed to imagined theft) involved.

It’s physical stolen property. If they were fencing a stolen guitar they would be prosecuted, so why not this?

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

I don’t want to know anything about that s*n of a b#£&h; since I’ve been interested in music reactions I’ve seen a few decent people who were scraping a living out of doing music reactions (with clearly declared they were Reactions with all of the Legal guff about the laws pertaining to fair use displayed on the video description) who have lost their channel through retrospective copyright strikes sometimes 10/12 months after the fact which has meant to them a) any income they made on those instances is payable to him. b) their channel and ALL of its content is confiscated. So to put it into perspective they have lost their source of income and landed in debt - he is just a heartless b@57@£d!!!

2 Likes

If they were stolen, wouldn’t there be a police filing? Wouldn’t there be a paper trail, a complaint of theft being filed somewhere? Just thinking out loud here.
I heard about the reputation of this guy, but don’t know all that much about it, except that he’s allowing nobody to play their music?

Not particularly a fan of his music although I admit to liking HC (a little).

If true, and should he have any personal involvement in the the way the use of his music is uber restricted for educational purposes (rather than it just being the legal arm of his publishers, which tbf I expect it is) , then to be honest I hope that the ultimate result of all this is that any memory of his music withers and dies.

Trying to put aside my dislike of their love of legal proceedings it does sound like it will basically come down to who has the best lawyers. It seems like it hinges on people’s memory of a time a lot of years ago. Were the documents given to someone or did someone see them lying around and help themselves. It’s hard not to accuse DH of convenient amnesia now he knows what the items would likely fetch at auction these days given my bias against him

No, it seems to be DH, front and centre leading this particular charge.

He’s previously complained publicly about having to employ people to trawl the Internet looking for people using his music so he can issue legal notices.

Cheers,

Keith

Can’t understand why he doesn’t just enjoy his later years. Feet up, $millions in the bank and seeing others getting joy from something he created.

At what point does an individual see absolutely nothing but greed in their lives. Sad.

2 Likes

It called ‘chronic malcontent’. An affliction like no other.

1 Like

UPDATE

1 Like

Sez he ‘gave’’ the notes to an author for an autobiography, who sold them on :thinking:
If he gifted them to him, that’s fine. Dude can do what he likes with them.
If he gave them to him to work with, but expected them back, that’s theft.
Henley’s entitled to do what he wants with stuff he owns.

1 Like