More Than Words by Extreme Lesson

Learn to play More Than Words by Extreme on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at More Than Words by Extreme | JustinGuitar

Luckily Justin already starts with that it doesn’t have to be exactly right,…so I can give it a swing :grimacing:.I only play electric guitar, and that’s a shame here…
And the last time someone (Richard I thought with, is there anybody out there) said “relatively easy” well, that means practice until I’m really tired of the song…by posting this I am putting the pressure on myself, :upside_down_face:… so @adi_mrok , feel free to ignore this.
Greetings,and wish everyone a lot of fun with this beautiful song :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m having a crack at this song and I’m learning it from the acoustic book. I’ve attached a photo because I’m wondering if there is a misprint in the book. It say’s Em yet it shows open open strings.

Please could someone let me know if this is incorrect as it looks it to me?

Also, when I play it with open strings it sounds wrong.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hi Stefan,
The tabs also say Em but all muted …
Greetings

Edit: I’m talking of course about the tabs on the site here,( but I believe it doesn’t apply to your question I understand from the comment below)

1 Like

Stefan as I understand it the tab implies an Em minor which could be fretted but you do not play the 2 fretted strings at the 2nd fret but playing a 3 string box chord of the open strings in the chord ie 6 2 & 1 only. Its a bit like the C which does not include the 5 th string. A clumsy answer but I hope it makes sense.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Toby’s right. More Than Words is finger or hybrid picked. To make an Em chord you need E G B Which eventually you play in that sequence.

2 Likes

Thank you guys.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Yes, that does make sense. I’ll give the original a listen also as I’m playing from a memory of the song and the open strings just do not sound right but who am I to question Justin’s transcribing.

Its common in finger style tab to show what would be the full chord above the tab at the start of the bar or where it changes. With the tab indicating just the chord notes required.:sunglasses:

@SgtColon Justin has a great lesson for it on the website

1 Like

Thanks Toby, something I did not know but I will now remember in future.

Thanks Rick, I’ll give it a watch.

Thanks for your help chaps. :slight_smile:

1 Like