Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 Lesson

Learn to play Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 | JustinGuitar

This is in Beginners module 3 as a song using only the Am & Em but… it uses Dm.

@Richard_close2u It does say in the songs for module 3 section text “Note that the original song uses Bm and Em, which we’ll explore later. You can use a Capo and play Am and Dm, or use it in my song app, where we transposed it so you can use Em and Am”. On the app it is not transposed.

Hello @davecorsar and welcome to the community.

I have gone in and edited the text in that lesson page. You can use either Em and Am shapes or Am and Dm shapes together.

Cheers :+1:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide & Moderator

Feel free to pop in to the Community Hub and introduce yourself there. Community Hub - JustinGuitar Community

@Socio

Thanks for pointing that out. I have edited so the lesson text now reads:

Note that the original song uses Bm and Em, which we’ll explore later. You can use a Capo and play either Am and Dm with Capo at fret 2 or Em and Am with Capo at fret 7. Or play along with it in my song app.

Thanks, I haven’t come across Dm in the lessons yet and was confused. I’m still finding my way through the site. I discovered this morning that I could just enable the video assistant in the practice assistant which then plays a different version of “Moves like Jagger” which only uses the chords learnt up to this point. Really enjoying the lessons so far.

Hi, for the Moves like Jagger, what is the strumming patter for this lesson? Is is 2 down strums as in the song video or is it 4 strums DDUD as Justin si doing?

Welcome, Cosmin.

It’s unlikely anyone will see your question under this topic.

I suggest you create a new topic, with the title “Moves Like Jagger - strumming pattern?”, or something similar.

Hi, whick type of pick is applied here? Kind regards