Multi-angle recording - questions

Haha thanks for calling thumb police Toby, Mari I let you slide on this one as you played really well as Toby suggested. As long as it works I’m good as gold :grin:

2 Likes

Glad I could put ideas in someone’s head, I go down enough rabbit holes after reading JG Community posts lol. And yes I think I might post WEB on the challenge page. I will re-record it first though, to get some better camera angles.

2 Likes

And more than one,…I picked up this “old” blues lesson again this morning after a very long time, so thanks, :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

DaVinci Resolve it is! Thanks for your input everyone. I still have to lighten up on the transitions, but if I went with reasonable numbers for a 1 minute piece I wouldn’t get to put hardly any in so I decided to just include too many lol. I recorded it again tonight, using 4 cameras (recorded once with 2 cameras, then played along with that to record 2 more cameras). I used the same camera-attached-to-music-stand set up. I got a Ring Light stand today but haven’t opened it yet, and I ordered a guitar phone holder mount as well (as an alternative to the Magnet thing). I should be able to do more with camera angles for future videos.

I posted the final video from today in the Challenges as James suggested Guitar Challenge (Blues Study Pieces) - Solo Blues Guitar (Justin Sandercoe) - #116 by Mari63 .

Thanks again everyone!

2 Likes

Mari

If you run out of webcams but still want extra cameras and angles you can use OBS Ninja and use your mobile phone(s). Think you can add at least 4. Played around with this in the early OBS days when I only had 2 webcams and used the OBS auto scene changing facility that @Majik used in one of the early OMs.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks Toby, but for now I can maintain my distance from OBS lol. I have 4 iPhones to use for cameras (we just upgraded our phones), plus the webcam if required. I don’t think I’ll need any more, especially if I overdub closeups (to keep the cameras out of the further out shots, especially once my guitar headstock camera mount arrives).

1 Like

Thanks again for that suggestion, I got a ring light stand yesterday and set it up this morning, and it works great. The only problem I see is that I look really old under the bright lights on my Saturday morning test recording lol

2 Likes