Mundi Dolore (Demo)

I’m a year late with this, coming across it looking for info on ES 335’s, but:
Fabulous piece. If this was a noodle I want to hear it when it matures!

1 Like

Hey, thanks. Feedback on recordings is always welcome, even if the recording is older. (Heck, I haven’t posted a recording in a long time, so mine are all older at this point.)

I wouldn’t say this was just a noodle. If I remember correctly I recorded the chord progression and was improvising over it when I came up with some of the main melodic phrases. Then I didn’t want to forget them, so I decided to record it. So this was a mix of actual improvisation (i.e., noodling) around a few repeating lines or motifs I’d come up with earlier.

I haven’t done anything with it since recording it, though. I thought it had potential, I just never got around to working on it. I didn’t play much in the last half of 2023, and only recently started playing regularly again.

1 Like

Bit of a late reply but I’ve come from your plek thread, some really nice sounding guitar. I wouldn’t mind having a copy of that some to learn. :slight_smile:

R

1 Like

Must have missed this first time round. That’s a terrific composition Jason!

2 Likes

Oh!!! That was just beutiful! Very cool sound, as others have said… it screams Gilmour a long way :grin:
Was a really pleasant surprise, not sure what i expected, but it was not be thrown straight into a Pink Floyd solo :grin::clap::metal:

Edit: i had to listen to it one more time… and yeah. It is great… i can close my eyes and see a lot of lasers and lights and a black strat…

( i do not mean this in a negative way that it sounds like David gilmour in case you dont like him or that sound… but i would guess you like Pink Floyd when you are playing like you are playing :grin: )

too me this is a piece of music that stands out just as it is… i am blown away on how cool this sounds! Really well done Jason.

1 Like

Wow - that was really great. So great in fact that I’ve just used this for today’s transcribing exercise. Yesterday was John Lee Hooker, so you’re in good company :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. I never wrote out or tabbed this, but if you mean a copy of the audio I can provide that: Mundi Dolore (MP3)

Thank you, Phil.

Thank you. I’m gratified that the sound/tone of the guitar has been well received. I was kind of experimenting with that.

A lot of the feedback has said it sounds like Gilmour. I’m 100% cool with that! I definitely dig Pink Floyd.

Good company, indeed! Thank you, Paul.

3 Likes

I had the same Idea but, over a month lol not a day. :grin::rofl:

R

Thank you, on my phone now, :+1:

R

I didn’t transcribe the whole thing!! Every day I find a tune I like and transcribe something from it, a lick, a riff, chord harmony etc. For this piece there were a few licks that really spoke to me, so I did those … expect to see them in my playing in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes