Mundi Dolore (Demo)

I put together this chord progression some time ago, and today I decided to record some electric guitar over it. Not really a complete song at this point, but I was trying to develop some melodic ideas as I played and wanted a record of them. I faded this out at around a “normal song” length (my noodling was getting repetitive anyway).

12 Likes

I really like this. It has a bit of a driving, Pink Floyd feel to it for me. Nice playing and production. I think this is a keeper.

1 Like

Plus one to what @TheCluelessLuthier said. That was very nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you; I’m glad you liked it.

I listened to it again this evening and I think I could improve it by changing the guitar tone and/or mix.

1 Like

Very nice listening and as previously said very Pink Floyedish. Nice noodling.

1 Like

This is fantastic - love it…
You said is might not be a complete song yet - but it’s certainly got some great sounds and ideas in it that I’d look forward to what you do with it.

1 Like

Hey Jason, did you play this on your new guitar?
Whether you did or nor, your new acquisition will have had some impact on your guitar frame of mind, and if this is the result, I think we’ve answered the question whether the plek was worth it :wink:
The tone and mix sat well on my palate. I thought maybe once or twice an even longer linger before the next note might add more dolor, but that’s my masochistic side talking :laughing:
Vibes :sunglasses:

1 Like

Vibes from me too Jason. That was excellent.

1 Like

Enjoyed the listen, Jason. As always, well done.

1 Like

Nice! Very tasteful and melodic playing with a dramatic progression. Highly listenable without the slightest bit of ear fatigue. Well done sir.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone.

Yes, this was played on my new ES-339. I suppose I’m still in the honeymoon phase with it, but it’s definitely a good-looking and sweet-playing instrument.

There’s another guitar (a Tele HH) on there, too. It’s one of three tracks that make up the synthy background. It’s playing single chords with a synth pad like sound. (The other two are both keyboard: one is a bass tone and one is a kind of shimmery pitched sound effect.)

Given the comments about this sounding Pink Floyd-ish I’m tempted to try the lead with a Strat. But if it already sounds kinda Gilmourish then maybe it’d be better to avoid increasing similarities.

Spot on; I agree. I could give it just a bit more room to breathe.

That was great Jason! I love something different tone wise and this was definitely from my corner. It had some really Maggot Brain vibes to me, superb!

1 Like

Thanks; I’m glad you liked it. I was wondering if I went “too far” with the tone, so it’s good to get feedback on that.

Sweet! Love Eddie Hazel’s tone and feel on that song.

1 Like

I really liked the tone that was set brother. Excellent job!

1 Like

That was excellent, Jason :star_struck::+1::clap:. Sounded very professional to me. And yes, reminded me on Pink Floyd, as well. Wonderful :smiley:.

1 Like

@Dman74 @NicoleKKB
Thank you!

1 Like

Sounding good, Jason, fabulous backing and enjoyed the lead play … what I do is noodling, your play is something else altogether.

The music was in keeping with the title. Might this develop into a song with vocals, drums etc?

1 Like

Thank you.

Yes, I intend to develop this further; I think it has potential. I have some ideas for additional instrumentation. I haven’t thought much about vocals, though. I’ll have to kick it around and see.

1 Like

That was really enjoyable Jason. I thought it sounded nice and moody, again, like others I got a Pink Floyd vibe from it.

I know it’s all personal preference but I thought the tone sounded good.

1 Like

Thank you, Stefan, I appreciate the feedback.

1 Like