Music Theory Grade 4 Test

First time posting to the JustinGuitar community, hopefully the first of many.

I just wanted to echo what many have said before about how great the Music Theory course is and how happy I am to be at this part on the journey.

I’m a middle aged learner and attempted the exam at the weekend. Delighted to have got 90%. Some school errors on certain questions which I’ve gone back over and fixed. Augmented, diminshed and chord progressions got me. :slight_smile:

I love being able to play triad chord progressions in any key (with a little thought) and feel
very thankful to Justin and all that make up his team. Amazing work, thank you all. Onwards to Grade 5!

Crispin - Glasgow - Scotland.

2 Likes

I think we need more information for question 17.

Question: What’s the scale degree to the B♭ Major key signature?
Possible answers: IV / II / VII / VI

I guessed the answer right (lucky me!), and based on my answer I think the question should be one of these two options:

What’s the scale degree of the E♭ Major chord to the B♭ Major key signature?

Or

What’s the scale degree of the B♭ Major chord to the F Major key signature?

1 Like

+1 The question “What’s the scale degree to the B♭ Major key signature?” just doesn’t make sense (to me).

@Jeff @Jozsef Thanks for the alert.
I have rewritten the question so it now reads as:

In the key of B♭ Major, what scale degree is the chord E♭ built on?

2 Likes

Well I passed the Grade 4.3 Quiz at the second attempt, as usual I got the easiest question wrong first time round.

Still need to do more work on playing triads, but thats not a reason for not moving on.

Onwards and upwards.

Michael :notes:

3 Likes