Music theory question

I have installed an IOS app called Chord AI. I’m not sure how it compares to other programmes of this type but it seems good to me. Much better than I could do. My ear for chords is not that great. The free version is very good. The paid version gives extended chords, chord voicings etc. I haven’t tried the paid version.
https://www.chordai.net/

Here is it’s analysis of a fair chunk of the song. It classifies it as A major. I would view this as A major being the parent major scale but the root note is E.

It is a slightly more complex analysis of the chords outlined in my previous post.

That looks pretty neat Matt, I see they have an android version too. Checking the site at the moment.
:sunglasses:

That does look good Matt. I just downloaded it onto android device and gave it a spin. I liked how you can set the capo position and that it shows the video along with the chords as the song plays. As well as change the tempo and loop. It’s a shame they don’t have a windows version. Though I suppose could just use an emulator.

Just dropped it onto my tablet. Very impressed with that Matt, especially the YouTube interaction. Also like the “piano roll” type display, similar to Riffstation. It would be interesting to compare accuracy between this and RS, as I am well aware of Riffstation’s short comings but it is getting on a bit and things have moved on considerably. Will have a mess around this evening and play along to see how good it is.

Seems like it could do with a mention here
what-software-do-you-use-for-transcription

:sunglasses:

Thanks for the feedback Toby. I’d be interested to know what you think of it’s accuracy. I just played around with speed and loop settings and they work well.

I’m just happy to hear my old ear can still be used to figure out music I’ve never heard before.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s the difference. Your old ears have been listening for way over half a century and picking this stuff out, while mine where effectively dormant (musically) for the same period. Ok probably listened to a lot of the same stuff but for all that time I was just enjoying and not trying to figure things out, unlike the young Stitch I would suggest. But like its never too late to rock n roll its never too late to learn. But the new gizmos do help old ears, well mine anyway! :metal:

1 Like

Young Toby

Young Stitch

7 Likes

LMAO, glad I just put the coffee down ! But I’m am being a good old boy and cycling through my lick library this afternoon. Making up for lost time ! Be good. :sunglasses:

1 Like