My cover of “If You Could Read My Mind” by Gordon Lightfoot

Super stuff Mike. It’s not easy to sing and finger pick and you did a great job there. GL has a terrific back catalog of songs and that is one of my favourites. Well done.

1 Like

I loved it, Mike. I love Gordon Lightfoot’s songs and you played and sang this beautifully. Loved your Finger style.

1 Like

Wow Mike! Beautifully played. Thank you so much for sharing. :metal:

1 Like

Hi @Katie_Ji ! Welcome to the community I really appreciate that you took time to comment on my efforts. I’m pretty new to the forum, it has taken me a while to get properly engaged with members on here but they are a really good bunch. You should definitely post on the Introduce Yourself topic, say a bit about your guitar journey. But most of all have fun and use the resources, I am only really scratching the surface here. You don’t really need to go anywhere else.
Cheers!

Hi @pkboo3
I really appreciate your kind words. I was just reading your “Road Cases”, it is great to read about someone’s journey like this. I hope you can give an update soon.
Thanks again

You sound like a professional who should be playing a show for a live audience. Very impressive work.

Jeff

1 Like

Aw man, nice job on this Lightfoot song. Takes me right back to being a kid in Michigan in the 1970s listening to Lightfoot, Bob Seger (my mom saw him at Cobo), Clapton, McCartney and Wings, many more. Nice job

2 Likes

Hi Jeff @SDKissFan definitely not a professional, just a bedroom guitarist who decided after a death in the family that life’s too short for “what ifs” Plus I retired last year and I am definitely practising more. I tried to play this live but I was too shaky to pull it off.

Cheers Kurt @TGFNM14 , yes this is such a good song I’m glad made the effort to get it to a level where I could play and sing along. Wish my old mum could have heard it.

Hi Mike
Great version, really smashing finger style.
Then you get the rhythm of the poetry spot on, so the lyric is leading and the guitar is accompanying.
Perfect.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Eccleshall, this is great feedback. I do try to make an effort on the interpretation of the song as a whole. Thanks again!

Nice performance Michael, your vocal range suits this nicely and that was mighty fine picking. I don’t know the song so a completely fresh listen for me and I like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mike,

I loved what you said that life’s too short for what ifs. I feel the same way and battle through arthritis to play guitar. I did my first open mic with Justin guitar last week and wrote my first original song to post here. I think of it like creating something artistic to leave behind for the world that shows I was here. You definitely have talent even if it’s just a bedroom guitarist. I appreciate you sharing. Have a great day.

Jeff

2 Likes

I recently updated my Learning Log. I’m also getting close to hopefully posting a new video.

1 Like

Nicely played and sung a great listen

1 Like

Thanks Trevor!

That was a very nice rendition, Mike! Quite enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful Mike. I love the sound of your voice on this one. I am always impressed by people singing and playing fingerstyle. Great work!

Hi @Eddie_09
Thanks for your kinds words, I really appreciate it!
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for listening!