My Cover of Knocking on Heaven's Door, Bob Dylan

This is my cover of Dylan’s Knocking on Heaven’s Door as taught by Justin. I just put the capo on the 1st fret as that was easier to sing. Hope you enjoy!

13 Likes

Well that sounds gorgeous, well done!

Thanks Rob! That song has always really moved me. I’m glad Justin can now teach Dylan’s songs… :grinning:

1 Like

Hello Benji, that was such an enjoyable rendition of this beautiful song :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Really well played and sung with lots of feeling :+1::clap:.
Just a small thing, I’ve noticed: You stop
the movement of the strumming hand when there is this short break after the first down strum of a bar. Try to keep on strumming all the time, even when you’re hitting no strings. Justin always reminds us to keep on moving to keep the rhythm going. I think, that’s a useful habbit.

Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Great stuff Benji! Really well played and sung. Thanks for sharing

That was beautiful! I went to your YouTube channel to watch more of your videos. I will suscribe to watch the next ones. :clap:

Lovely song and nicely played and sung. I practice right now GnR version with picking and tried few times mixing picking and strumming. It is great excercise, but also sounds great. It adds variation to only strumming pattern. You can try something similar.

1 Like

Great job , this could be great Open Mic performance

Great job man! You have a good voice.

Thanks Carlos, much appreciated! :pray:

Thanks Nicole! Yeah, I’ve developed a bad habit, working on it… :muscle: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for giving a listen Michael! :pray:

1 Like

Thanks Boris. I like the GnR version as well, except for Axel screaming bang bang bang. For some reason I just can’t stand that… :smile: Slash kills it though. Yeah I always work on songs after “finishing” them successfully. I’ll try some stuff with this one… :+1:

Thanks Eric! I used to do open mic from time to time but haven’t found a place since moving to Vietnam. Hopefully I’ll find something around town.

Thanks for giving a listen Jwaters! :pray:

Hello Benji…your cover sounds really great! I like how you strum with your thumb, you get a bright and nice tone. Well done! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks Silvia… :pray: