My cover on one great song of one great band

Hello everyone,
I made this cover and posted it on Soundcloud about 20 days ago. But it was deleted there for copyright infringement. And I was interested to learn from my friend @TheMadman_tobyjenner about the serious struggle being waged by Don Henley. Well, let this strike of mine on Soundcloud be well deserved :grinning:
But I tried very hard to record this cover and I donā€™t want it to go to waste :smile:
Thatā€™s why I posted it on our local resource, please listenā€¦
There are no keys here, just a bass guitar, drums and an electric guitar. But there are seven guitar layers here! Of course, not all of them sound at the same time :wink: When recording, I used Fender tele and Ibanez, as well as Fender Jazz Bass. Enjoy listening,
Leo

EAGLES MIX 7.wav ā€” ŠÆŠ½Š“ŠµŠŗс Š”ŠøсŠŗ

I donā€™t know if I need to put the lyrics here? Just in case, Iā€™m doing thisā€¦

Lyrics:
[Verse 1]
He was a hard-headed man, he was brutally handsome
And she was terminally pretty
She held him up and he held her for ransom
In the heart of the cold, cold city
He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude
They said he was ruthless, they said he was crude
They had one thing in common, they were good in bed
Sheā€™d say faster, faster, the lights are turninā€™ red
[Chorus]
Life in the fast lane, surely make you lose your mind
Life in the fast lane, huh
Post-Chorus
Are you with me so far?
[Verse 2]
Eager for action, hot for the game
The coming attraction, the drop of a name
They knew all the right people
they took all the right pills
They threw outrageous parties, they paid heavenly bills
There were lines on the mirror, lines on her face
She pretended not to notice, she was caught up in the race
Out every evening, until it was light
He was too tired to make it
she was too tired to fight about it
[Chorus]
Life in the fast lane, huh
Life in the fast lane, everything all the time
Life in the fast lane, uh-huh
[Instrumental Bridge]
[Verse 3]
Blowinā€™ and burninā€™, blinded by thirst
They didnā€™t see the stop sign, took a turn for the worst
She said, ā€œListen, baby, you can hear the engine ring
Weā€™ve been up and down this highway, havenā€™t seen a goddamn thingā€
He said, ā€œCall the doctor, I think Iā€™m gonna crashā€
ā€œThe doctor say heā€™s cominā€™, but you gotta pay him cashā€
They went rushinā€™ down that freeway, messed around and got lost
They didnā€™t care, they were just dyinā€™ to get off and it was
[Chorus]
Life in the fast lane, everything all the time
[Outro]
Life in the fast lane
Life in the fast lane

10 Likes

Keep posting Leo and weā€™ll keep listening. Mr Henley has a lot in common with that other geezer south east of you, when it comes to control. Keep on rockin in the free world. Great cover. :sunglasses:

Awesome production Leo! Sounds really cool! And thanks for adding the lyrics, so I could understand better what the song is about. I much enjoyed the listening, thanks for sharing your music :blush:

Most folk of my generation will remember that from the Hotel California album :wink:
Thatā€™s a MONSTER drum and bass groove you have going on there, Leo :open_mouth: So much so, that even with seven layers there were times when some of the guitar solo work was in danger of being swallowed up by the bottom end.
Cool production, but having clicked on an unknown link, am I now going to be inundated with Cyrillic malware :rofl: :roll_eyes: :rofl:

Glad you manage your way around all the eyes of Mr. Henley and found a way to share that gem with us, Leo!

Amazing production and awesome rendition. Man, you rock! :metal: Most enjoyable listen! :smiley:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner, @SILVIA, @brianlarsen, @Lisa_S,
Thanks to everyone who was not afraid to open an unknown link! :laughing:
Brian, I wish you didnā€™t get anything Cyrillic. You donā€™t need it, trust me :smile:
Sylvia, I will continue to post the lyrics, because I understand it better myself than by ear.
Leo

2 Likes

It could be said Henley has no taste! Or that maybe he canā€™t take a joke? I think he is maybe the most notorious blocker on the Net. You can take it as a complement that your offering was good enough to ban!

That was really good and I can see why he is jealous! I liked your layered guitars and the main solo. The whole cover had a nice vibe to it. Well done indeed.

All the best and keep them coming!
LB

@LBro
Thanks, LB! Iā€™m glad you liked it.
And letā€™s forgive Mr. Henley. We donā€™t know what kind of weirdos weā€™ll become when we get to his age :smile:
Leo

Hard to say on this one Leo. I hear Henley has a fleet of folks that sit around all day scouring the Internet for copies of his songs or covers. Once found, they promptly have them removed. Most other artists have a model that allows you the use of their CR material in exchange for the monetization up here at YouTube for example I have no clues as to why Mr. Henley does not follow the same model with his stuff?

Oh well, thankfully there is only so much Mr. Henley can pull down! I know all about weirdoā€™s. I am one, even at my age! :upside_down_face:

Cheers and take care,
LB

Great cover Leo. That is how to rock it! Iā€™m glad you found another way to share it as it would have been sad to miss out on such a treat.

Keep breaking those music rules and take the strike from SC as a positive.

@LBro, @SgtColon,
Thanks guys for the support. We will continue to do so.
The only negative thing here is: two more strikes on SoundCloud, and they will delete my account :wink:
Keep on rocking,
Leo

Oh wow! That was great! I enjoyed the lick on the end. You had me up off the couch! :dancer: :notes: :notes:

1 Like

That was really brilliant! Glad I got to hear your cover. I agree about great song, great band!

1 Like

@pkboo3, @SusanW
Thank you, ladies, for taking the time to listen and respond :wink:
Leo