My first avoyp : let it be solo

Hi everybody! This is my first coming out with you guys. Courage. Courage and humility… I bought my guitar a little over a year ago, when 62. I couldn’t play chords at all. Only single notes. I thought « lets try to have fun with single notes» and so I tried to transcribe the let it be solo and practiced it. At the very limit of what I could play.

I play it slower than the original not because of « artistic choices » :rofl::crazy_face::joy: but because I couldn’t play it faster… This was my extreme limit. But man did I have an extreme lots of fun. Good day!

13 Likes

That was really nicely played I think, slow but accurate and your face shows your enjoyment: when it feels good it also sounds good! Bravo!

1 Like

Hi Luc,
I thought that sounded good, and I also loved the sound :sunglasses: :clap:…and you shouldn’t have said that it was slower than the original,…many never listen to this song or once every in so many years, then it really doesn’t stand out (okay, not me anyway) :grin:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Luc, I love it, and I don‘t care that you might have played it a bit ‚slowlier‘. It really sounds good. Congratulations :+1::clap::grinning:.

1 Like

That sounded awesome Luc, and it can be seen that you had plenty of fun throughout this solo.
I also was only interested in single notes and tab sheets when I first picked up a guitar… but eventually I kind of forced myself to learn some chords during the original covid lockdowns :slight_smile:
Just keep doing whatever is fun for you and keep up these nice performances!

1 Like

Sounds great! And an awesome tone too.

2 Likes

Lovely!.. and that’s a great guitar tone you’ve got there. You must be pretty much the same age as me - ideal time to start learning guitar if ever there was one :smile:

1 Like

Thank you all! You guys are very nice! This tone is already loaded in the Logic software. I taught suited the slower tempo. Now, I’m mostly working on D and A chords, fast changing, slow and perfect changing and ancre tones…. Back to the drawing board. Have a good day!

1 Like

That sounded great Luc!! Really enjoyed listening and you looked like you were having fun playing it too😎.

1 Like

Sounded good to me, nothing really to worry about playing it a bit slower - artistic license :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That sounded good for a beginner, well done! Build up the speed by playing to recording and by slowly increasing speed of the track. Looks very well so far!

1 Like

Good job. I really liked the tone you had.

1 Like

That was awesome Luc, well done you on getting your first vid out there, solid performance!

1 Like

Thank you all so very much. Heartwarming. Encouraging. Good day!

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting.

Way to nail it Luc. That was awesome. Great tone as well.

1 Like

Bravo, Luc, I love to celebrate debuts, always taking courage, humility, and (if I may add) vulnerability to share. Now you’ve broken the ice I’ll look forward to future recordings.

Loved the tone you had dialed in and the play sounded smooth and fluent.

Glad to hear you are working on grade 1 now.

Keep having fun and slow and steady you’ll make progress.

Thank you David! For now I’m working on those changing chords, D, A and E with this index that hurt so much and sounds muffy half of the time :roll_eyes:. Thanks again. Have a good day.

2 Likes