My First Collab! Broken - Seether

That is great… But don’t leave us hanging… What was it that was wrong?

LB

The installation of my Scarlett a.I drivers and switch from me/direct x to Asio in the audio device settings!! :slight_smile:

*Bytron08

The installation of my Scarlett a.I drivers and switch from me/direct x to Asio in the audio device settings!!

Ha, I guess now and then it pays to listen to Bro… I think you now realize how important your native ASIO driver is. All decent AI’s will have a set of driver(s) for them and it is ultra important the latest ones are loaded!

Happy mixing mate!
LB

LOL, It’s me, Alykat . I found you over here. I wanted to follow your progress & see how people react to the changes & progress you have made

I enjoyed working with Byron very much, he is a diamond in the rough!

1 Like

Lol! Hey Aly! Stalking me ehh LOL! Im just playing! Welcome to justinguitar!!! This is usually where i post all my stuff, ive done it here for years! :slight_smile: Thats so sweet! Thank you!!

Welcome to the Community Aly.

Why not introduce yourself and tells us all about your guitar journey and what brings you to JusinGuitar. :sunglasses:

HERE

Just got to this one Mr H, love this song so was interested in your cover of it. Covered it a while back.
Felt it came across quite well. Interesting video. Some good advice given on production, seems you are finding DAW usage is just as difficult as learning to play but which ever route you take its all good fun.
:sunglasses:

Im having a blast with all this DAW stuff! Aly is a pro at mixing inside of her DAW in my opinion and its crazy! I didnt know you could do all that!

I did just that!
Thank you for the warm welcome.

1 Like

This was our first collaboration together, Byrons first collaboration, ever. It was a tricky song & we had recording issues along the way. The key is out of my range & I struggled with the vocals. All & all it was great to get acquainted with Byron & I joined a new guitar site too. It’s all fun at the end of the day.

1 Like

Hey that’s what capos were made for :rofl: Trying to emulate Amy Lee on any song is a mammoth challenge for sure, even harder if you’re a bloke !!

I honestly thought she did great with the vocals in this!! Amazing!!

I painstakeningly learned all that finger picked stuff from some internet tab & that is very difficult for me to do. The key & the guitar tuning & the tab worked great but to go lower for me sing I need a zero fret & a -1 fret & a -2 fret, lol. I tried transposing & it was a nightmare so we just kept the original key. The whole collab was riddled with obstacles :slight_smile: We did finish though!

1 Like

Dave @ Hero2Zero has a great lesson, which I must revisit. No way my fingerstyle was up to playing that when I recorded it about 3 years ago, so kept it simple. Nice played Aly :sunglasses:

Lesson? I’d like to check it out? Is this Dave @Hero2Zero a memeber or is there a site?

Its another YouTube teacher, will DM you a link as he has some good fingerstyle song lessons, that Justin does not cover at the moment. :sunglasses:

1 Like