My first posted video

4 months in. Took lessons 1-2 on the app, now in middle of lesson 3 but took a side trip to try to learn a couple songs I always loved. I found how to use a backing track which is awesome and I actually tried singing on this one. I know I left our some lyrics in the first verse but even though I know the words, I erred on getting the guitar correct. Here’s a landmark for my future comparisons.

23 Likes

Hello John! This sounds cool! And considering you’re only 4 months in I hope you are very proud of this! Well done both on the playing and singing and…congratulations for posting your first video, it’s an important step! :blush::raised_hands::clap::clap::clap::blush:

1 Like

Hi John,
4 months??? …That is very impressive, there was a lot to like :sunglasses: :clap:
sunglasses
:clap:
And you get the big fat cool emotion (although I have no idea how that is possible or what I did :laughing: ,you deserves it)
Greetings Rogier

1 Like

wheres the video?

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting John and that is excellent stuff for 4 months in, especially playing and singing. So bravo to you.

Raymond, if you don’t have an Apple account you just need to download the video to watch it.

1 Like

Thank you! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks Roger!

awesome stuff John! Sounding really good for 4 months in, really dig the tone you used too.

Hi Dan, that’s a bit outrageous for such a short time- but how cool :sunglasses:
Solid chords & rhythm, singing in pitch, killer tone. What’s not to like?
Best of all you’re able to inject some attitude into the performance as well.
You are on the way, man!
Try to get in the habit keeping your strumming hand moving continuously up and down with the beat, even when you’re not hitting the strings.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! My biggest shortfall is definitely tempo and strum patterns. I definitely need to work on both. Keeping my hand moving is something I need to work more on and kind of forgot about it until you mentioned it. Thanks so much!

Awesome stuff.

1 Like

Hey John
That was impressive for 4 months in. Loved the attitude. I’ve not posted a video, but you might have sucked me in with that!!!

1 Like

Congrats on your first AVOYP. I liked that AC/DC riff.

1 Like

Cool!! :+1: :sunglasses: :guitar: :notes: :muscle:

1 Like

Dirty deeeeeeds… DONE DIRT CHEAP!!! :clap::clap::clap::muscle::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Hells ya!

I enjoyed it John, right attitude and energy throughout.

1 Like

You obviously already “feel” the rhythm so I wouldn’t worry about that. That’s a Justin aid for absolute beginners. Great feel and vocals. Impressive use of chords after so few months in the saddle.

1 Like

Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT!!! Done Dirt Cheap!!! :fire:
Sounding brutal there, John! Keep it coming! :metal::confounded:

1 Like

4 months!!! Wow, impressive! Sounded awsome! :fire::fire::fire: Rock on dude!!

1 Like