My first video on YouTube

Hi,

After over a year learning with JustinGuitar, I am happy to share my first video on YouTube from my beginners improv / melody practice. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

17 Likes

Hi Samuel,
lovely sound… great job and keep rockin :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:
Cheers

1 Like

Many thanks Carlos, much appreciated!

@Samuelito

Awesome. :+1: wish I could do that. Is that a backing track or loop? What u do to get those tones? Pedals or just amp?

That is exactly what I wish I could do. Just started practicing soundscape stuff

1 Like

Thanks Jason. I hope you can get where you want to in your journey.

I use a Boss loop station to record the melody and this has really opened a world of possibilities. The effect pedals are: EHX Big Muff Nano, MXR Carbon Copy delay and JHS 3 Octave Reverb.

All the best,
Samuel

2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to say, the amp is a Vox AC10, but I’d say that go with the one you like the sound best

Welcome back!
Enjoying your creation.

1 Like

That sounds great Samuel! Really nice exploration of the whole neck.

1 Like

Good fretting positions and use of all four fingers (and tapping!). You have good fingers for a guitarist. Just a little pointer as you asked for feedback; you might want to work on your bends. The bends should ideally be with the third finger and achieved by rotating the wrist with the fingers locked not pushing with the fingers. Lovely Strat tone BTW.

1 Like

Cheers @ReneAsologuitar.

Thank you very much Phil. @twistor59

@rorystrat Thank you, Peter. I didn’t know about the string bending, I will add it to my practice routine. I truly appreciate the suggestion!

1 Like

Nicely done Samuel. Lovely tone from the Strat and good use of the looper.
This may help with those bends, as mentioned by Peter above :+1:

3 Likes

Really nice there Samuel, a calm and peaceful start to my Monday morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner I’ll have a look.

Great! Thank you @Notter Mark, we all need to start the week well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A really beautiful piece Samuel

Well put together.

1 Like

Congrats on a first video, Samuel. Firstly an excellent job on the loop, sounds fabulous. Enjoyed your lead play and while I don’t know the song well (only from fellow Community members playing it) I recognised the melodic ideas in your improv.

1 Like

Thank you, Dave @liaty

Many thanks, @DavidP really appreciate the support and words of encouragement.

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting Samuel. That was a really nice piece. You really explored the guitar neck and a lovely tone from your setup.

Thank you, Stefan @SgtColon much appreciated.

Congrats on your first AVOYP. A lovely sound.
Are you following the course / does the improv start in Grade 4? As a newbie I’m trying to get a sense of what to look forward to!

Thank you @Sound_Bound much appreciated.