My first video! Yay!

Hi Everyone,

It’s been exactly 6 Months that I bought my guitar and started learning!(Hello - Bhushan here from India - #16 by bhush1121)

Sharing a video of a song(bollywood) I played and recorded recently. Thank you to everyone including Justin/Community Members for creating such an amazing learning place. Please pardon if my chords don’t sound good haha!

Appreciate any feedbacks! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Great stuff, you were made to sing! Your face lights up in the most enjoyable way. Impressive progress after six months.,

1 Like

Chords sounded clear to me and you have a great singing voice! :+1:

1 Like

Lovely song, I like the performance.

I kept wanting to scroll down to see what your hands were doing though, maybe repoint the camera next time so we can see the guitar better.

There is a glimpse of a bit of thumb-over-the-top fretting action though which looks properly advanced for 6 months of learning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear from you again, Bhushan. That was an excellent performance…clean chords, steady strumming, and enjoyed your singing. Sounding really good.

Like @rossbd said, I suggest you rotate the phone into landscape mode for future videos and position so we can see you and the whole guitar. Looks better than a portrait mode with the black bars and more importantly being able to watch left and right hands enables people to offer more feedback.

1 Like

That was really great Bhushan. Vibes from me for posting your first AVoYP.
A lovely performance. Very well played and sung. It sounded more Hawaiian than Bollywood to me. :smiley:

Well done, I look forward to more from you.

1 Like

Awesome stuff Bhushan, I agree that sounds more Hawaiian / Tropical to me. Regardless it sounded great :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was really good Bhushan.

Definitely. It was very relaxing and a pleasure to watch. I could just picture myself on a nice beach in Hawaii.

1 Like

Hi Bhushan, your video is great. Loved it. Your enthusiasm is infectious. Wasn’t listening for long before my foot was tapping along with you. I look forward to your next video.

1 Like

Hi Bhushan,
What a first video :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :bouquet:,…it sounds very cheerful…fantastic sung and played…really fits this warm weather here :palm_tree: :cricket:…thank you,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Great Job!

1 Like

Very nice, didn’t spot anything obvious with your chords!
Your singing and timing was good, it was catchy and fun to listen to…. What’s not to like?

1 Like

Loved that Bhushan. You’ve got a really good groove going on there. I enjoyed it lots. Thank you.:grin:

1 Like

Sounds great :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

What fun it was to listen and watch you play Bhushan. Congratulations on your first video, it’s a winner.

1 Like

Bhushan, that was excellent. I loved the rhythm of your songs. Great strumming and singing. Six months in and you’re doing fantastic.

More please!

1 Like

Thank you everyone!! I am so glad to have got wonderful response from all of you! And yeah, it does have the Hawaiian vibes to it haha :smiley:

@rossbd @DavidP Will surely go for a more wider angle next time which can cover everthing. Thank you for the inputs :slight_smile:

Thank you guys, every single comment motivated me. Made my day! :slight_smile: Cheers.

1 Like

Well, I enjoyed that! Nice song, well played and well sung!
I have a little Bollywood story for you… I live in Bruges, Belgium. One day in 2015 this film director from India decided to shoot a part of the movie “PK” in Bruges. I played in a folk band back then (stopped two years ago, health issues :slightly_frowning_face:) and we were asked to take part in the movie, so here is is the result (the silly costumes were not our idea :sunglasses:)

1 Like

OH Wow! So is that you sitting in the boat? Amazing!! :smiley: That is wonderful to know. Thank you for sharing the story. :smiley: Its a one of my fav song. P.S. This actor is sadly no more. :frowning:

Well done Bushan, and congratulations on your first AVOYP.
Very good performance mate, and for only 6 months in, even moreso.
Very nice voice too, and your enjoyment performing showed through.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like