My little Classical Guitar Repertoire

This sounds wonderful! You may call them beginner exercises, but you are clearly playing these peaces very confident in a melodic way. And to me as a beginner these especially also show your finger independence.
Also, a smart choice to enjoy guitar on a rainy day! :smiley::+1:
Greetings from a cold but dry Nuremberg! :smiley:

1 Like

@SILVIA those were all lovely pieces, as was your playing. That’s a great idea to keep them in your practice schedule, it’s nice to have a few things to be able to pull out and play! I have no playing suggestions, the pieces all sound nice as is. I wonder though if it would be worthwhile to review the ordering of the pieces. If there are some pieces in the same key you could perhaps play them one after the other, maybe change the timing of the ending of one to have it flow easily into the next. That might work too for other key changes, so the next piece sounded fine without a pause, based on playing with the timing of the end of the first piece, or maybe add an arpeggio or something. You might end up with 1 longer medley of pieces that sounds really nice as an entire piece, rather than several much shorter pieces. If that’s something that you might like to try that is! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you @DavidP for your comment :blush:

Agree, there’s something special about those nylon strings! Thank you for listening and commenting so kindly :blush:

that’s true, my technique still needs much refinement! Thank you for listening and commenting! :blush:

Thank you @KimR , I hope your journey with Classical Guitar is going well! :blush:

Oh, that wouldn’t be that difficult I’m sure :wink: Thank you Tod for your kind words! :blush:

This is such a great compliment! Thank you dearly! Short and sweet and as much accurate as I’m able to is my philosophy…no need to play long and difficult stuff and struggle all the way through; instead of struggling I prefer the feeling of building. Thanks again for taking the time for listening and commenting!

Mari @Mari63 what a great idea! I need to be honest, I struggle to stay focused on the instrument for longer periods, but…this could actually be a very good exercise for me to try out…thank you so much for suggesting it and for the listen and comment! :blush:

2 Likes

That’s a good thought. I will pick this up from you for myself :+1:

1 Like

Very enjoyable, Sylvia. Nice renditions of them all. A couple were familiar to me. Oh and not just your cool boots, but your whole fashion style - pink/gray colors compliment each other. On top of all that, impressive stage performance. Is that at your school? Loved it all!

1 Like

Hi Silvia, I really liked these pieces you performed for classical guitar, and the sound of your guitar was also very good! I especially liked the piece that starts at 2.04 minutes, it’s quite complicated, but you did it great!

Mike

1 Like

Thank you Pamela, I much appreciate your comment!

What about light green and pink? :heart_eyes:
I’m afraid a Classical Guitar and Boots don’t compliment eachother though :joy: But I hadn’t plan to make a video that morning, I just went to school on a rainy day :hiking_boot::hiking_boot:

1 Like

Hello Mike, thank you for listening and commenting :blush: The piece is Malaguenas. Being able to read the musicsheet in standard notation here helps, because you will immediately be able to identify the structure of the piece and you’ll see it’s actually easier than what it sounds. Practicing it with a metronome also is hugely helping…I usually don’t practice pieces with the metronome (which I regularly use for exercises though) because I prefer to find my way to make these little things musical; but the Malaguenas makes an exception because the timing needs to be accurate here to sound good. Hope I haven’t annoyed you too much. Thanks again, it really means a lot for me!

The structure of the piece shortly: the same melody is played on the thinnest strings first as quarter notes then the E high string is added as an accompainement and the melody notes become eigthth notes - the “intramezzo” - the same melody is played on the thickest strings, first as quarter notes then the E high string is added and again they become eigthth notes.

Hi Silvia, all of the pieces sounded really good. You’re continuing to make fantastic progress with every piece you have recorded. I do like @Mari63 suggestion of blending short pieces together to form a longer piece for when playing to others.

2 Likes

Thanks James :blush: So great to read this!