My Little Man - Seán Rowe

It’s my Dad’s birthday. He passed away last May 12 months. I miss him. We didn’t have a great relationship for quiet a while until the latter years when we cleared the air and I came to know the human behind the father. I only ever played for him once. I’m fully convinced I could play in front of 100000 people without fear but I was terrified of playing for my Dad. This was the only song I played for him. He was beyond speech at this point but I could see he was stunned and enthralled. He didn’t know I sing or played. I’m glad I did.

17 Likes

Dom,
So sad yet true how family can bring out the best & worst in one, inspire & terrify, love & hate at times… sometimes all in one day. I found that your story hit home… relationships are difficult…
Love the song, very solid as always!
Thank you for sharing your love of music with the Community!

Tod

1 Like

It is a great song Dom, and you played it beautifully. I was in my forties when I had the opportunity to get to know and understand my dad. I think a lot of us here will probably relate to this in some way. Thank for sharing.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful Dom. Played with such emotion and you almost had me in tears. So glad that you managed to reconnect with your dad before he passed. I know I keep repeating myself whenever I listen to your posts but I can honestly say I could sit and listen to you play and sing all day.

1 Like

Very nice, just beautiful.

1 Like

That was lovely, very moving, very atmospheric.
Best wishes,
Alan

1 Like

The pleasure is all mine Tod

I’m not crying. I’ve just been cutting onions.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff

Thanks Alan. I return your good wishes with interest.

1 Like

Truely beautiful, Dom. Very emotional and touching performance.
No need for blaming the onions, you made my cry a little. But that’s good, to be honest.

Thanks a lot for sharing this one and the story behind it.

1 Like

Happy Birthday to your Dad, Dom :birthday: :tada:
… and belated condolences on his passing in May :slightly_frowning_face:
How society deals with death is one of the things I miss about the Auld Sod. It’s one great big ignore here. I’m glad you were able to reestablish your relationship with him and how nice to surprise him with your talents. Worth taking up the guitar for on its own :smiley:
Never heard of Sean Rowe, but sounds like an interesting guy.
Well performed, Sir

1 Like

I don’t know Sean Rowe but its an artist I will have to check out after your version. Its really well played an sung with a backstory for you

1 Like

Thank you Lisa

1 Like

It was more a case of getting a greater understanding of the man. He wasn’t a bad person. On the contrary.

Death can be a beautiful thing. Obviously sad and final but also an opportunity to celebrate a life well lived and contemplate the hereafter whatever that may be.

Regarding Seán Rowe. You’re in for a treat.

If you liked that Skinny, you will love the real thing. A unique and wonderful talent he is.

Hello Dom, that was such an enjoyable rendition :blush:. Your playing and singing was so powerful and full of emotions, very moving. Very well done :+1: :clap:!

As others, I haven’t heard of this artist before. You made me curious to check out his music.
Thanks a lot for introducing Rowe to me :hugs:.

1 Like

Oh boy, that was something rather good Dom.
Thoughts with you as you remember.
It is coming up the anniversary of my Father’s passing several days from now.
We didn’t ever not get on but there were things unsaid.
I often choke up and feel a tear form when I hear The Living Years.

2 Likes

Sorry to read about your dad passing but I’m also glad to read that you were able to sort your relationship out in later life and even more so that you were able to play for him.

The song was wonderful, so much emotion.

1 Like

Thank you Nicole. A new adventure awaits you. I think he’s very wholesome anyway

1 Like